Today's Rap....

Some rap is good....others I just don't bother.

Since the 90's, it has blown up. And still seeing new artists on a yearly basis.

2 Live Crew, N.W.A. pretty much carved the road for the rest.

I grew up on stuff like 2pac, Biggie, Nas, Snoop and Dr. Dre from back in the day, Tribe called Quest, Hieroglyphics, Wu-Tang Clan, Raekwon, Jurassic 5, Dj Quik, immortal technique, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Ice Cube, Dilated Peoples, Dead Prez, Blackalicious, Supernatural, Sole, Slug, Deep Puddle Dynamics, Atmosphere, Binary star, Bone Thugs, etc..

These days I'll pretty much listen to anything because they have hard beats. It was all about who had the harddest lyrics when I was younger but I feel times have changed alot since then. There are still up and coming rappers these days that is still keeping the hip hop alive with the old school flavor still. Like Kendrick Lamar and J Cole. Hip hop is not entirely dead yet but it's definitely not the golden age anymore.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.