To upgrade, or not to upgrade?

Participant count
  • Participant list

tdub93

I have a stock 98 Dodge Intrepid that I just got and plan on putting all my stereo equipment in from my old car. What I would be running is a 320w speaker amp, along with a 2000w amp wired at 2ohms pushing 1300w to power my subs. My question is, is it a must to upgrade to a HO alternator and aftermarket deep cycle battery or will beefy 0/1 gauge wires and a capacitor get me by?

Sorry if I'm breaking any unwritten rules, first post, new to the forum!

Thanks for your input!

If you are wanting to actually achieve these power outputs, it will not be possible with just a wire upgrade and capacitor will not get it. You have to start at the source of the power and that would be your alternator. I would go ahead and change out your alt, get a decent AMG battery and do the Big 3 for ~2.5K. Hope that was helpful.

depends on the type of equipment your using, we need to know how legit the power your using is. if its true 1300 i dont think its mandatory to have a alt, a good batt and a nice run of wire should suffice. 1/0

If you don't push your system full tilt constantly or for really long periods at a time, a good run of 1/0 & Do your big 3 while you're at it; is all you really need for now, a descent AGM batt is never hurts, but you can get by for now w/o as long as your current batt is healthy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Don't ever waste your money on a cap - they are absolutely pointless for car audio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.