5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
SC
This is what Im running:

-Clarion 6.5's in the front

-Kenwood KDC-MP225 headunit

-2 Sony Xplods 10"

-Extreme 1500X Monoblock

Im looking at some good quality ported boxes. They will run me between $90-200. I cant remember the name brand to save my ass, but I think he said Competition. These Xplods are already makin my head rattle but I just cant "feel" it the way I want to yet. I want to have that set up that people either love or hate to get in the car with me because they can barely breathe inside the cabin. My whips a little Nissan Sentra so i dont think that will be too hard to pull off. As a matter of fact, Im almost 100% positive this will do it for me. But with the Xplods already not having a good SQ, Im a little sceptical as to what these things will sound like in a vented. So should I go with the low end and just get the boom or hope that getting the higher end will help push the sound quality also. Or just keep them sealed.

ya bro, build anice ported box, then in time ditch the xplodes and get something thatll work wiht the spec of the box u build...trust us....boxes u build urself (unless u **** up bad) will be alot better than a flea market box. if you design it, and buil it right, and pay attention to deatils, youll be fine

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif Why build a box speced on sony xplodes if he is just gonna turn around and get new subs that will have totally diffrent specs. Just buy a cheapo ebay prefab and save for some real subs. If you seriously wanna make these subs perform I have gotten Jensen and the Xplods to outperform baseline kicker,JL,Fosgate ect. So either upgrade if you can't spec it,build it and tune it!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Well, chances are, Im going to have the XPlods for a while. Just long enough to spend about $40 on building my own box anyways. So I guess Ill start searching on how to build a ported box to specs. If someone already has some of these pages stickied or bookmarked though, that would be awesome.

You're not going to get what you want from those shitty xplods....take it from an ex xplod owner...........save your money and to get what you want takes really good equipment but is still install dependant.

Ok, so if I DO change out my subs anytime soon, Im going to switch over to Directed or Extreme subs, 10". Mainly because that what the closest shop to me has and I love the shop, they've helped me out so much. So what would be good box specs to build to for these? Would 4 cubic feet and 35hz work just as well for these subs? Because either way, Im going to build a ported box because I have a lot of spare time.

Ported boxes are pretty universal. 10" Sub X and 10" Sub Y will both fit in the same ported box. The sound will change a little from woofer to woofer, but in your case, your next subs will be an improvement. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Ok, so if I DO change out my subs anytime soon, Im going to switch over to Directed or Extreme subs, 10". Mainly because that what the closest shop to me has and I love the shop, they've helped me out so much. So what would be good box specs to build to for these? Would 4 cubic feet and 35hz work just as well for these subs? Because either way, Im going to build a ported box because I have a lot of spare time.
you dont have to buy where you live. You can buy online too and probably get better deals and better products //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well, I understand that but part of my reasoning was that I just really liked the shop in general. Im about 90% sure they wouldnt rip me off or try to sell me some lame bull ****. And that's saying a lot about all the other shops around here, mechanical and performance. And they do cut people deals who shop there a good bit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.