To Finish the system...

Participant count
  • Participant list

barneythedino
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
I've got a 300-400 budget to finish my system.

100 of that is going to go to a 1/0 kicker dual amp kit off ebay, then i'll big 3 later once the system is reinstalled for spring/summer.

So now to finish it off I need some front stage, and or some rear fill. I want something with a lot of midbass, and some nice tweets that can get high without sounding like whining to my ears. Whatever I get is going to be powered by a kicker kx300.2 and has to be 5.25" . Also willing to buy used stuff, or purchase off ebay if it looks like a good deal.

Help me out, i need to finish this bad boy off. Also was thinking about 100 sq ft of some sound deadener, but I just might wait til later to get that. Nothing will be installed until the snows gone anyways so i've got time.

Well man I can't tell you what comps to buy because it's up to you what sounds good. But I would suggest using all of budget, excluding the wire, to buy a decent set of comps and ditch the rear fills. $300 will get you a pretty nice set of 5.25 comps.

Yeah that's cool, I don't get the chance to hear very man speakers since I live in Vermont. So that's why i'm just asking for any suggestions I can get.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.