to bypass a factory amp or take it out

Participant count
  • Participant list

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
my mazda 6 2006 s grand sport comes with a stock bose system that i had a car stereo bypass because at the time i didnt wanna get into bypassing it but i was wondering if i can throw out the amp instead of just bypassing it? they told me i needed to bypass and thats the only way to have a new amp installed. i thought why cant i just throw out this bose amp? is it because the stock harness goes to the factory bose amp and then to my speakers? if so can i just run all new wires to each speaker? since im trying to go active anyways/

any thought?

My Tahoe has a factory amp as well. So here's what I did: just unplug the harnness and used a few wires from it that were powering my rear door speakers. Just left the amp in it's place, which is up under the dash.

Depending upon where that Bose amp is located, find out what speakers are being powered from it and just unplug the harnness and bolts/screws it has secured to it. Write down on a piece of paper what color wires are powering which speakers. Make sure you don't have more than one amp too.

Rip all that Junk out and put a real stereo system in..saves time and hassle..along with issues
so wire speakers straight back to 4 channel amp ppi900.4 instead of wiring to radio or stock amp etc?

so wire speakers straight back to 4 channel amp ppi900.4 instead of wiring to radio or stock amp etc?
Yes..bypass existing amp, or you will have conflicting issues..If the Head unit has a built in amplifier, it would be best to replace for external amplifiers and less hassell/incurring conflicts/issues/headaches and time saving and and less $ pit issues.It saves time and you will retrieve better results.You will know exactly where every wire goes to as speakers and source and be able to make any additions easily within the future without any headaches/conflicting issues.Thats my recommendation

Yes..bypass existing amp, or you will have conflicting issues..If the Head unit has a built in amplifier, it would be best to replace for external amplifiers and less hassell/incurring conflicts/issues/headaches and time saving and and less $ pit issues.It saves time and you will retrieve better results.You will know exactly where every wire goes to as speakers and source and be able to make any additions easily within the future without any headaches/conflicting issues.Thats my recommendation
so when you say bypass can i just yank out the existing amp out of the car and run a pair of speaker wire going from the tweeter and mid woofer on left door and run it straight back to 4 channel amp and run right door speakers straight back to amp? the rca is the signal and the speaker wire is the power and ground pretty much right?

a shop has a 9 wire going to my ppi900 from the stock amp is all its doing is stealing power and ground for each speaker wire? im not sure of the real basics of whats going on lol why i have to bypass and why not i can just unconnect and throw the amp out compares to them using this 9 wire speed wire. sorry if this sounds confusing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.