70 1726 amp bypass

Participant count
  • Participant list
Honda element 2005 seven speaker What do you gain using a Metra 70 1726 amp bypass harness? Aftermarket Pioneer dnm 1770?
That is for when you wish to use an aftermarket amplifier. Those wire ends go to the new amp's hi input or an line output converter. You can use the OEM sub or an upgraded one in that location when you do not wish to sacrifice any space. Best option would be a sub on it's secified box.

That is for when you wish to use an aftermarket amplifier. Those wire ends go to the new amp's hi input or an line output converter. You can use the OEM sub or an upgraded one in that location when you do not wish to sacrifice any space. Best option would be a sub on it's secified box.
Thank you. So the plug side of the 70 1726 goes over to the factory amp on pass side leg panel. This will plug in to harness unplugged from factory amp? I have not seen the factory amp so thats why I am asking. Will this power my Left F Right F Left R Right R speakers? And what do you recommend to use the existing subwoofer below radio. I installed a Pioneer DMH 1770. Will I need some type of Subwoofer amp for factory Subwoofer. Sorry for rambling on but I am not AUDIO smart but I have Electronics degree. Thanks again!!

So the plug side of the 70 1726 goes over to the factory amp on pass side leg panel. This will plug in to harness unplugged from factory amp?
I believe so. If it does not mate wtth that harness, it may mate with a harness behind the radio.
Will this power my Left F Right F Left R Right R speakers?
I think it is made specific for the sub channel. I do not know if that amp powers the whole system or just the sub. It may be the sub channel has its own plug on the input side.

Then any amp with the ratings of that sub will suffice. Be aware that an aftermarket amp will make that sub perform better, but it will not be mind blowing. For that, an aftermarket sub will be your best bet. It may be enough for your tastes, so better wait until you sample it.
Thanks I will have to find out the rating of the Honda Element 2005 I have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...