Lincoln mkx amp bypass

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr4343

CarAudio.com Newbie
TOLEDO
How can I bypass my factory amp I am having popping noises and lots of static.

Attachments

• 20230718_120251.jpg
    20230718_120251.jpg
    970.1 KB · Views: 15
Are you looking to add an aftermarket amplifier? If yes, you can look up an amp pin out for your specific vehicle. With the pinout you will find what every wire at the OEM amp is for.
How exactly would I do this for after market amp and since factory is 14 channels how would I get close to the factory amp?

How exactly would I do this for after market amp and since factory is 14 channels how would I get close to the factory amp?
14 channels seems excessive even for a luxury vehicle. Maybe it has 14 speakers. 2 per door (mid+tweeter), 4 on the dash or rear pillars, maybe a mix of 2 tweeters on the dash and 2 on the rear pillars. Usually mids and tweeters share a channel so that would be 6 full range channels. 1 center dash and 1 sub. 8 channels sounds more like it. Can you verify where each speaker is located?
There are 8 channel amps that can power every speaker in there. The thing is that replacing the amp does not guarantee the popping/static will disappear, the radio may be the issue. Testing may be frustrating if you are not used to dabbling in car audio.

Are you looking to add an aftermarket amplifier? If yes, you can look up an amp pin out for your specific vehicle. With the pinout you will find what every wire at the OEM amp is for.
14 channels seems excessive even for a luxury vehicle. Maybe it has 14 speakers. 2 per door (mid+tweeter), 4 on the dash or rear pillars, maybe a mix of 2 tweeters on the dash and 2 on the rear pillars. Usually mids and tweeters share a channel so that would be 6 full range channels. 1 center dash and 1 sub. 8 channels sounds more like it. Can you verify where each speaker is located?
There are 8 channel amps that can power every speaker in there. The thing is that replacing the amp does not guarantee the popping/static will disappear, the radio may be the issue. Testing may be frustrating if you are not used to dabbling in car audio.
I hit a curb on passenger side ever since then my amp been doing this popping static until I unplug it from amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...