Abarth 500 amp and sub bypass anyone?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ang61

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all!
I’m new to this community and hardly a seasoned audio installer and hope to get a little direction as to the do’s and dont’s when attempting this kind of install.
First thing is the OEM system, have an incline it’s the beats system but I’ve yet to check it in depth.
My aftermarket install will consist of the following: 7’’ Touch Screen Alpine ilx-705D, 2 x Component Speakers/Crossovers with tweeters (2 ohms) front.
Coaxial speakers ( 2 ohms) rear panel.
Alpine 3566 6 Channel amp.

Harness purchase so far: Connects2 Steering wheel controls.
RCA’s and Speaker speed wire.

Aftermarket underseat Subwoofer to be purchased.

The project for me is to install the above and continue to utilise the factory speaker wiring.
I’d like to replace the subwoofer under the drivers seat and bypass the amp which I believe is located on the driver’s side… somewhere! I’ll find out for sure when I start the job in hand.

So my question is: Is there a specific bypass harness available for the Abarth 500 (2009)?
If not, how does one bypass the amp and sub?

Thank you in advance and I look forward to good advice on the subject before I get into the nitty gritty of installing my system.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to good advice on the subject before I get into the nitty gritty of installing my system.
First you have to figure out if the OEM amp is for the entire system or just the sub. If just for the sub, you will splice behind the radio with the speed 9 wire. The harness you buy will come with bare wires to connect the speaker high outputs from the new radio. You will connect the speed 9 to these wires. You will tape off the speaker high outputs from the radio since you will not use OEM amps.
If the OEM amp powers the entire system, you will do this splicing right after the amp. Google "Abarth 500 radio/amp pinout" to find which wires go to each speaker.
Then connect RCAs, power, ground, and remote signal.

Hi and thanks for getting in touch with the sound advice!
I’ve a feeling but not sure what the amp is powering as yet as I’ve not made a start with the install …
First thing I’ll be doing though is work out if the amp’s powering the sub and speakers etc ..
Since the amp wasn’t externally visible I didn’t even realise it had one … even Fiat were somewhat baffled as to its location … anyway! Live and learn.

I’ll check the ‘Pinout’ on Google also.

Thanks ever so much and I’ll certainly post again when I’ve made a start.

Hi again.

There was one other thing that I forgot to ask, I watched a crutchfield YouTube video where they showed an on desk simulation of an aftermarket head unit to amp connection, to show the splicing technique for a 4/5 channel, speed wire install.
The guy spliced the remote lead at the radio and took that to the amp which I understood, he then suggested should anyone have a factory amp / power antenna etc then the remote should tee'd off allowing the factory amp to function .. again understood.
I now should make the above connections (splice at the amp output and not at the radio?
It makes sense.
I haven't yet decided on a subwoofer as yet but I guess I'll be connecting the sub RCA's from the radio direct to the sub (if it has its own amp of course) or connect the RCA's from Radio to Sub via the 6 channel amp?
Using RCA splitters at the amp?

Reason is I'll need to purchase now what I'll need later .. best to cover all bases!!

Thank you!!

Please excuse this extra question .. Is there a specified patch lead or compatible bypass harness for the factory amp or would I have to create it that bypass myself?
Not an issue but just want to be clear on the process.
I've seen bypass harnesses but none for the Abarth ... assuming this is the best case scenario I need to bridge the wiring as if the amp wasn't in place and then connect the 9 speed wire from the factory amp location?
I'm not one to take a punt at anything until I'm absolutely sure ... mistakes can be costly and I'd sooner get it right first time!!

Thank you very much Ang

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Ang61

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ang61
Camborne Cornwall UK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies