Tired of blowing amps

Omg. I am way out of my league. Other than dropping the car off and paying him, I can't honestly say what he did. It's a 2010 challenger. Would not upgrading the wiring mess up the amps

Omg. I am way out of my league. Other than dropping the car off and paying him, I can't honestly say what he did. It's a 2010 challenger. Would not upgrading the wiring mess up the amps

Any reputable shop will know what you mean if you ask for the Big 3/4 upgrade. Most amps will go into a protect mode before they fry themselves. Is your bass going in and out or off and then back on? It sounds like your voltage is dropping too low and your amp is going into protect. Then, when the voltage climbs back up, the amp turns back on.

Ok. Thanks. Will do that. One more question, if when heavy bass drops at a loud volume, my the bass comes in and out, is that a sign that the amp is gone already.

That's exactly what's happening, in and out when the right bass hits.

A cheap little volt meter connected to your amp and mounted in your dash would let you know what your voltage at the amp is always doing. You can get one for under $20. I double sided taped mine in an inconspicuous place so only I could see it from the driver's seat. Your voltage is probably dropping into the 10's.

Ok. Going to get on that asap. So once I do the big 3, the amp should play normally again, even though it has already started the in and out thing

Ok. Going to get on that asap. So once I do the big 3, the amp should play normally again, even though it has already started the in and out thing

I would at least start with the Big 3/4 and a nice AGM battery. Then, see if it still happens. All three of those amps are probably still good. If it still happens, then, maybe pick up an alternator. 240 amps or bigger.

Ok. Will do that.
All 3 of them started off fine, then eventually started doing that in and out, will check the others as well, thanks for all of your help will let yall know the outcome

I noticed I stated 2010 challenger, it's a 2019. Has a nice size factory battery in it. Are you saying go bigger than that one or add one of those other batteries I see people getting fir their music

I noticed I stated 2010 challenger, it's a 2019. Has a nice size factory battery in it. Are you saying go bigger than that one or add one of those other batteries I see people getting fir their music

I'm running a 3K amp on 4-8's. In a 2005 Dodge. I've had the big 4, AGM, and a 320 amp alternator. It's still not enough to go full tilt for more than about 5 minutes. I need to switch over to a lithium battery and delete my AGM battery. The lithium battery will be the equivalent of about 4-5 AGM batteries.

Ok so a good lithium battery, and the big 3/4 wiring. Any lithium battery as long as it has more cranking amps than what I have?

Lithium is a whole new ball game. You don’t even need to worry about cranking amps. They are strong. If I were you, I would do the Big 3/4 and get a nice AGM battery. That should take care of your issues, IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.