Tired of blowing amps

Camcobe3

CarAudio.com Recruit
Atlanta
I have 2 audio pipe 3 stack 12's. I've had 3 amps on it so far within a year and a half. Why am I running through amps. Someone please help, well the last one is a hifonics 3k and the bass goes in and out when turned to high, without even being turned up, so I'm assuming its about yo go as well.

I meant other than 0 gauge wire none. I had it professionally installed, supposedly, audiopipe 1500 watt was the first amp, light would come on no beat, next one the db drive, now hifonics. Took it to another shop, he said its because my speakers are wired at 1 ohm?

Right. I bought everything new. Pulled every speaker out of the car, replaced them with after market speaker, put I think 1000 watts on all of the muds and high, have 2 12s on another amp. All new. Speakers are wired at 1ohm

Exact models of amplifiers that would help us as well. I can tell you Hifonics is a junk amplifier from the get go. They are just not as good as they once were many years ago.

I dont know off top of my head, they are far from small. I'd have to wait until morning to be exact. You think the fuse could be the reason why I'm killing amps. The speakers are 900 watts a piece, no way the brutus should go before speakers, right?

Big 3 wiring is what he is talking about and upgraded alternator. 1/0 welding cable or OFC to the positive on the alternator, 1/0 to a alternator bolt for a ground, 1/0 ground to the chassis. What car and what size is the alternator? Also is the 1/0 OFC or CCA? What brand? All of this comes into play.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.