Tired of blowing amps

My first audio system I had installed at a shop did something similar. In my case, it was because a lazy installer didn’t ground it in a very good spot, didn’t grind all the paint off and used a self tapping screw to hold the ground wire on, instead of a nut, bolt and lock washer. That little thing made my entire system unusable.

Ok. Somewhat understand now. So, I'm in Atlanta, do you or any of your folks in here know any decent music shops that I can take it too that wont ask me to break the bank.

Heck you and I mustve went to the same place. They want to charge me 350 to run that cable. So far I'm in about 3000 and it's still isnt right

I went to car toys. I bet they woulda fixed it for free, but I don’t take my vehicle back to people who make amateur mistakes that large. Never went to an installer since.

Ok..I found one in Atlanta. I'll call them in the a.m. hope they dont slap me across the head as well. So big 3 upgrade and an agm battery and my music will be back to normal? That's what I've heard here a couple of times, even setup an appointment

Ok..I found one in Atlanta. I'll call them in the a.m. hope they dont slap me across the head as well. So big 3 upgrade and an agm battery and my music will be back to normal? That's what I've heard here a couple of times, even setup an appointment
How many times do I have to say this.... THERE'S NO GUARANTEE THAT WILL FIX YOUR ISSUE WITHOUT TROUBLESHOOTING!!

Big3 and a new battery MIGHT solve all your problems. It might not do anything besides lighten your wallet. On top of that: if you give a shop specific instructions to perform specific services, you are absolving them of ANY responsibility if it doesn't solve a damn thing. You are better off describing the issue and asking them to correct it if you are unwilling or unable to narrow down the problem beyond its symptoms.

It could be a bad ground as well. Just helped a buddy with the same issue. Amp would power on but when the music was up, amp turned off. He had to move his ground to a better location and no problems since

How many times do I have to say this.... THERE'S NO GUARANTEE THAT WILL FIX YOUR ISSUE WITHOUT TROUBLESHOOTING!!

Big3 and a new battery MIGHT solve all your problems. It might not do anything besides lighten your wallet. On top of that: if you give a shop specific instructions to perform specific services, you are absolving them of ANY responsibility if it doesn't solve a damn thing. You are better off describing the issue and asking them to correct it if you are unwilling or unable to narrow down the problem beyond its symptoms.
Ok. I gotcha. Canceled the appointment. I'm taking it to the shop in buckhead and tell them what it's doing, and let them go from there

Who told you to run lithium? Bobbydumbdick?

Don't listen to him....

No, dikkhead, I told him to try this:

I would at least start with the Big 3/4 and a nice AGM battery. Then, see if it still happens. All three of those amps are probably still good. If it still happens, then, maybe pick up an alternator. 240 amps or bigger.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.