Tinting myself

Soon as I read this I had to quote it, maybe he wants to learn. Well how the fu*k do you start off? By watching someone. Eh no. Doing it yourself.
Who knows he may enjoy f*ckin up and trying again and accualy getting it.
Dont know what you are trying to say but there are a couple shops in my area that offer internships not just for installing, but also for tint. I personally think that would be the wiser choose than trying to learn everything on your own.

Alright, I wasnt going to read through this whole post and sorry I repeat someone. Here's what Ive learned when tinting.
1. Obviously make sure you have good tint, very sharp blade, squeegy, and some soapy water in a spray thing like a windex container type thing.

2. Its alot easier if you have atleast 1 person helping, a whole lot easier when you have 2 people helping you too.

Now, take the tinting and spray water on the outside of the window and stick the tinting on there (but dont take the adhesive part of the tint off yet) and cut it along the window, and make sure to give yourself some slack to work with. Also make sure you have the adhesive side facing away from the window when you are cutting it to shape.

Next make sure the inside part of the window is VERY VERY Clean. Then seperate the actual sticky part of the tine and clear protectant apart and drench it with the soapy water (also drench your window with the water too!!), this makes it easier to align the tint and get the bubbles out.

Now when you have the tint against the window, squeegy really good until it looks as good as you can get it, then take your exacto knife and cut the slack off around the window (most windows have the already black strip or paint (whatever) around it, so thats a good place to hide where you cut your tint). Now squeegy EXTREMELY good.

Do this with all the windows and set the car outside for about 1 hour and let the tint sunbake one. If you have little bubbles, letting it sunbake helps get rid of some of the little bubbles.

Also, for your windshield strip, you can either buy a roll of 4 inch strips and do that process with it, or you can take the factory cut side of the tint and cut around the top part of the windshield and stick it on that way. Again make sure when you are fitting it on the outside of the car, make sure you have the adhesive side facing away from the car, that way when you stick it on the inside, it goes on right. And, make sure you have the factory cut part of the tint on the bottom, because that way you have a straight line when you stick it on, and when you get it on and trim the slack of the tint, there are plenty of places to hide your cut, I wouldnt recommend trying to cut the exact shape of the clear part of the window, because you may have a steady hand, but when cutting tint anything can happen.

Hope this helps, and again sorry if I repeated what someone said, but this post was too long to read all the way through it. I just wrote this down because this is what my friend who is a professional tinter did on my car, and he let me help him (cheaper that way!! lol) And good luck
Very nice detailed guide //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

iamamp3pimp

5,000+ posts
Bass Heads Entertainment
iamamp3pimp
Tampa FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date