Tinting myself

use water and do it on the outside of thewindow first without peeling off the adhesive.... then all u have to do is put it on the inside and work out your bubbles
I'm also curious about how to tint, but is the water used to temperary hold the tint on the outside of the windows while you trim it to size?

I saw some tint at walmart and thought wtf?! but i guess if your going to put a walmart system in your ride...might as well add some walmart tint

If your doing a curved window say a rear window or front windshield (whole thing) you need to get the tint to the shape of your window first... lay some baby powder on the OUTSIDE of the window (this keeps the film from sticking) cut a peice slightly larger than the window your cutting, lay the film on the window with the adhesive side up (this will make the film shape to the window with the adhesive side in the right place, once you have the tint layed out on the outside of the window grab yourself either a heat gun or a blow dryer (heat gun preferably) and turn it on oh say a medium setting (different ones vary) start at the middle and heat up the film to take the shape of the glass, work your way from the middle out, remember the slower the better with this type of work... once its all shaped your ready to trim and apply

Another thing, CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!!! Get your windows CLEAN!!!! EVERYTHING will show up under the tint... this is by far the most important step!!!

If your doing a curved window say a rear window or front windshield (whole thing) you need to get the tint to the shape of your window first... lay some baby powder on the OUTSIDE of the window (this keeps the film from sticking) cut a peice slightly larger than the window your cutting, lay the film on the window with the adhesive side up (this will make the film shape to the window with the adhesive side in the right place, once you have the tint layed out on the outside of the window grab yourself either a heat gun or a blow dryer (heat gun preferably) and turn it on oh say a medium setting (different ones vary) start at the middle and heat up the film to take the shape of the glass, work your way from the middle out, remember the slower the better with this type of work... once its all shaped your ready to trim and applyAnother thing, CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!!! Get your windows CLEAN!!!! EVERYTHING will show up under the tint... this is by far the most important step!!!
The baby powder holds the window up?

Kragen FTW!!! AutoZone *****!!!

lol my bad i meant autozone had the tint for rear windshield. my local kragen had tint for like 15 bucks. i went to autozone and got the rear windshield tint, and some tint for the windows...and some back carpet for about 20 bucks total. the tint i got was gila brand.

lol my bad i meant autozone had the tint for rear windshield. my local kragen had tint for like 15 bucks. i went to autozone and got the rear windshield tint, and some tint for the windows...and some back carpet for about 20 bucks total. the tint i got was gila brand.
Haha I've just had nothing but bad experience at Autozone, I bought some tint from Kragen a while back but its no good, it turned purple real quick

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

iamamp3pimp

5,000+ posts
Bass Heads Entertainment
iamamp3pimp
Tampa FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date