Time to upgrade? 1500 watt amp recommendations.

1500 watt amps.

• RF T1500bd

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • SAZ 1500d v3

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Kicker kx 1600.1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DD m1 or m2

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • CT 1400.1

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Your suggestion

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
I may just have to take a step toward a bigger amp. Now im curious what I could get away with as far as how big of an amp since I will for sure be adding a second battery. As of now Im still up in the air about keeping the **** car because its not really "me". Which is kind of hindering my thoughts of eventaully (sooner then later) going with a big HO alt.

As for a battery Im certain id go with the XS D3100. I dont blast my bass around anymore and would be looking to give short demo's and alittle competing. Would I be able to sufficiently run a 2500w-3kw amp for a minute or so without doing any harm? Should I play it safe so to speak and look for amps around 2k rms since it will be almost double then what I have now.

I may just have to take a step toward a bigger amp. Now im curious what I could get away with as far as how big of an amp since I will for sure be adding a second battery. As of now Im still up in the air about keeping the **** car because its not really "me". Which is kind of hindering my thoughts of eventaully (sooner then later) going with a big HO alt.
As for a battery Im certain id go with the XS D3100. I dont blast my bass around anymore and would be looking to give short demo's and alittle competing. Would I be able to sufficiently run a 2500w-3kw amp for a minute or so without doing any harm? Should I play it safe so to speak and look for amps around 2k rms since it will be almost double then what I have now.
I know you're itching, but I would leave this alone until you decide whether to keep the car or not. Once you have decided, then opt for the alt. Having said that, I'm not sure how much power those first gen type Rs can take, but keep in mind...regardless of how much power you throw at it, a sub can only do so much. I'd look into new subs at that point as well.

I am itching ha. Those first gen type r's are in my truck.. Im looking at a pair of 8's or a single 10. Might end up doing both

I am itching ha. Those first gen type r's are in my truck.. Im looking at a pair of 8's or a single 10. Might end up doing both
I think I got threads mixed up. Are you thinking C7 subs and amp? I think you should be good with the 1700 on a pair of those 8s. Same with the epics, but dial it down a notch. Anything solid in the 1.5kW range on a pair of epics should make you happy.

Synergy Audio WFO 15.1 .....
Twisted sounds ts1.8kw has the exact same board and internals as the synergy 15.1 and is on sale for less then the synergy if your interested in these amps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry synergy is like 40 bucks cheeper right now twisted was on sale for 325... And I see ssa has the wfo 15.1 on sale... Also they just redid their site and now are selling twisted sounds amps as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well guys, ive decided im going to go with an amp in the 2k-2500w range.

I have yet to view the TC Epic's for some reason im leaning toward DD 2508's. How would they compare to the crossfire C7's or the CT Meso's? SA 8's i like too. But something about those DD's i like.

Well guys, ive decided im going to go with an amp in the 2k-2500w range.
I have yet to view the TC Epic's for some reason im leaning toward DD 2508's. How would they compare to the crossfire C7's or the CT Meso's? SA 8's i like too. But something about those DD's i like.
All are solid drivers. Just glancing at the specs, the crossfires have most excursion and TC's Fs is by far the lowest. TCs also will handle the least power. CT stands out the least of the bunch. TC has built some of the best sounding drivers, it's hard to go wrong with them. DD has some of the best products as well, though pricey, not sure how much you can get those 8s for. Crossfire can go toe to toe with just about anyone, everything I've ever seen or heard about them has been awesome. The DDs and crossfires will probably get louder since you'd be able to throw more power at them. I've owned close relatives of those epics, namely the TC-1000s, and they're just top notch sounding. Beautiful low end and plenty of output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...