New sub box, change settings on amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list
The low pass filter is how high you want your sub to play. It only filters the low end spectrum hence the name low pass filter. If you low pass at 34 hz, it will sound like the sub almost doesn't exist. I don't even think most lpf will even go down that low anyway. Just stick with 80. Also, make sure to have your subsonic filter to around 25hz since your box is tuned to 34 hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Hello all. Used to come on these forum quite a bit. I used to compete in IASCA MECA etc. and placed 1st 2x with this setup. Anyway this is my baby...
Big subs have heavy cones. Heavy cones plus high power requires solid anchoring and solid enclosures. Most people don't anchor their boxes to the...
A pair of American Bass Hawk 15s will slamm home as well. Just put in a pair in a good friends 02 T.Car in 7.0@31htz on a Cresendo Skyway 3k...
People didn't like ported boxes because the port noise and needing a bigger box. Therefore, instead of 1-sub in a ported, they would go with...
A little DAP will do ya, drill, feed & seal, done.

About this thread

95lincdog

Senior VIP Member
95lincdog
portland, OR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from