Check my amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I put the SSL EV3000D amp on my test bench .... it only makes around 600 watts RMS ... for real dude ....

Just no .....

spend $40 more$$ and get an AB or MA or something that actually makes a bit of power ....

Okay. I'd heard soundstream was a good brand though which must be true because I read it on the internet! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Glad to have such a helpful community here, what about this amp? Amazon.com: Soundstream TA1.2000D Tarantula 2000 Watts RMS Mono Amplifier with Bass Knob: Automotive

Or if anybody has a recommendation on a good amp that is sub $300 range that can put out around 2000rms @ 2 ohm and anywhere from 700-1500rms @ 4 ohm please shoot my way!

Okay. I'd heard soundstream was a good brand though which must be true because I read it on the internet! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gifGlad to have such a helpful community here, what about this amp? Amazon.com: Soundstream TA1.2000D Tarantula 2000 Watts RMS Mono Amplifier with Bass Knob: Automotive

Or if anybody has a recommendation on a good amp that is sub $300 range that can put out around 2000rms @ 2 ohm and anywhere from 700-1500rms @ 4 ohm please shoot my way!
You don't get something for nothing. Soundstream is junk and soundstorm is even worse. Realistically if you can't afford a proper amp you certainly can't afford the electrical upgrades to actually power a big amp so you should be shopping with something that is honestly rated 1000-1200W. Companies that have to lie about what their product can do are shady. You will have poor performance, dubious reliability and little to no re-sale value down the road.

I like how everyone's honest about how ****** these things are yet there's a guy with a sound stream 3000 for sale and guys are actually trying to barter with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay. I'd heard soundstream was a good brand though which must be true because I read it on the internet! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gifGlad to have such a helpful community here, what about this amp? Amazon.com: Soundstream TA1.2000D Tarantula 2000 Watts RMS Mono Amplifier with Bass Knob: Automotive

The tarantula amps are decent and can do near the power it advertises.

For the money you want to spend you should try getting a sub(s) that can be wired at 1 ohm.

I say this because the higher power needed on higher ohm scales get expensive since the resistance makes the need for more expensive hardware.

Anyway as for 2 ohm at 2000 watts you will be in the 500+$ range either brazillian amps or soundqubed amps or even a hifonics if your desperate.

For 300$ i would go with an american bass 150.1, but thats at 1 ohm in high power reference.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.