tight sq punchy bass HOW?

what type of car is it? hatch back or trunk? If its a trunk build a baffle board for it and throw a shiva on it with a good 300-400 watts of power. Will play anything you want as long as you do not get gain happy if you listen to rap.

You aren't necessarily looking at a subwoofer problem. To complete your quest for "punchy SQ bass," you are going to have to enter the enchanted forest of midbass. What do you run for your front stage right now?

a really overlooked and often misjudged sub is the kicker cvr. i personally hate kicker, but this sub does really well in a sealed box. two tens in a sealed box can handle upwards of six hundred watts, and the subs themselves are really really cheap. that way, you can afford a sufficient sized amp. i have heard a few setups with these subs, and i am rather impressed for size and price tag. perhaps even their eight inch would work, but never heard one

he asks for tight punchy bass, and people start recommending brands and sizes of subs.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif the box is going to dictate the sound far more than the actual sub. a smaller box will be punchier, and probably won't perform as well on lower notes. some sub manufacturers will actually give you box sizes that specify this. focal is an example. smaller box = tight punchy bass. bigger box = deep articulate bass.

he asks for tight punchy bass, and people start recommending brands and sizes of subs.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif the box is going to dictate the sound far more than the actual sub. a smaller box will be punchier, and probably won't perform as well on lower notes. some sub manufacturers will actually give you box sizes that specify this. focal is an example. smaller box = tight punchy bass. bigger box = deep articulate bass.
amen!

a sealed box on the smaller side of things would be ideal. if you want more ouput a smaller ported box tuned a little higher than normal would be ideal. Atleast this is what has worked for me time and time again

BINGO!!! My 2 12" Polk SR124-DVCs hit extremely tight and punchy in my box. Its a sealed, chambered box with 1.16cft per sub before displacement, and each driver then displaces 0.14cft. I really like it, but have thought about going to a slightly bigger box to the Polk recommended 1.20cft after displacement to see how it sounds. Of course my SRs are also very SQ oriented. But definitely go small sealed if you want tight, accurate, punchy bass.

an IB set up with a good woofer ment to do so sounds better in almost every way than a boxed up sealed woofer or ported box. It is tighter and sounds more "real" and can get low and still have a smooth roll off at the higher frequancies.

an IB set up with a good woofer ment to do so sounds better in almost every way than a boxed up sealed woofer or ported box. It is tighter and sounds more "real" and can get low and still have a smooth roll off at the higher frequancies.
i wish i could do ib, but i have an extended cab truck. heard a couple of focal subs done infinite baffle and it sounded really good. not overly loud, but it rattled the rear view sufficiently enough for most people's daily vehicle.

Since when does rap have tight/punchy bass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
There's plenty of rap that has tight punchy bass.

I would get a pair of Image Dynamics in a 1 - 1.25c/ft sealed box. That should be good in your price range and if you can find a nice class a/b amp to power them with, that would be a nice setup. I know people are going to give me **** for telling you to get a class a/b amp but I IMO think there is a difference in SQ.

i wish i could do ib, but i have an extended cab truck. heard a couple of focal subs done infinite baffle and it sounded really good. not overly loud, but it rattled the rear view sufficiently enough for most people's daily vehicle.
Actually you can..just have to do a build to box to the back end of the cab and cut some holes in the back of the cab. make an awning type frame with a couple layers of gortex in side of it to keep the water out and bolr/seal it into place

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.