reflecting
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
midwest
Car-1994 Acura Integra LS

Subs- 12" Eclipse TI (2)

Amp- Audioque 2200D

Mids- Ma Audio HK componets

Amp-JBL GTO 75.4 (wants the matching AQ)

Box is 4.2 ft3(after displacement) ported to 35hz

This was thrown together in about an hour or so..turned out ok, still needs flush panels but that is for the weekend.

newsetup2.jpg

Newsetup.jpg

5.jpg

Sounds amazing...but we had a problem.... Played a few musical tracks, then we wanted to see just how low this will go. So we popped in a USACi CD. Got to about 29hz and BBBAAAAAMMMM!!!!!

4.jpg

The vibrations broke a light fixture in his carport..lol

Yea, it was funny as hell though. We were just talking about how much the windshield was flexing like 2 seconds before that.

Yea, I think this setup might actually get close to doing a hair trick around 30hz or so...have to wait for a new windshield to find out now though...lol

Yea, it is smaller then I would have liked it to be. However, he wanted everything facing up and wanted it built in an hour..so that is what he got. 2x17.5 is the port size. I would have loved to go larger but what can I do with the amount of time frame and design restrictions. It does move a ton of air though. Not quite like the S10 but a good amount considering the power it has and the small port.

You're probably tuned lower than you think if you were wanging 29hz tones like that. Skinny ports like that will actually lower tuning a little bit. What's the overall box dimensions and the port length?

Yea tiny port but not bad. And holy lots of screws man. Why in the world did u use that many. Are you newish to box bilding or you just like tons of screws. Not tryin to offend you but I rarly use many screws.

He screwed it together lol, I have a nail gun because I'm f'n lazy like that.(built it at his place) He just went screw happy and I just sat back as pretty much just let him have at it..lol His money on screws not mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yea tiny port but not bad. And holy lots of screws man. Why in the world did u use that many. Are you newish to box bilding or you just like tons of screws. Not tryin to offend you but I rarly use many screws.
I was going to say the same thing, but couldn't decide between that and the inconsistent spacing between the screws, so I just decided to not comment on either....oh wait. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

He screwed it together lol, I have a nail gun because I'm f'n lazy like that. He just went screw happy and I just sat back as pretty much just let him have at it..lol His money on screws not mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
What kind of glue did you use?

Wow, shortest time ever having a system... His wife came home threw a fit just now and said sell it all. So I bought it all...hahaha Poor bastard, has a broken window, broken light fixture, and no system now...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.