THREATCON 2 12" Term Lab

C2 Audio
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member

C2 Audio Threatcon-2 12" Woofer (Only $129). This single 12" woofer set up is Hitting 141 db Playing Music with windows up, doors shut, Term-Lab Meter on the dash. Box is 2.5 ³ft, tuned to 38hz. This is a Street set up not SPL set up (The SPL vids will be coming soon). We are very happy with this woofer, It is fresh out of the box now so we will run another video in a few days once it breaks in.

--Chris

I need way more info like what amp and what car? 38hz is a little high but if that's street to you ok
SAZ 2500d on a 600w RMS sub tuned at 38Hz... I'm not criticizing the sub, but this obviously isn't a street setup

Not many $129 subs can take 2500 watts without blowing up pretty quickly, so props to you on that.

i did it 1 sub ported at 34 hertz in a trunk dodge neon stock everything 1 run of ofc 0 gauge on a kicker kx 1200.141.6 to be exact on music.oh it was an alpine type r

I'm sorry but my ab hd12 on a kicker kx2500.1 in a 2cube box tuned to 32hz pulled a 149.2 yesterday and that was at 35hz and that was on music yes my sub cost 2.6 times as much but ****

I'd like to know what voice coils it has and what it's wired to... They say nothing about this and that makes a HUGE difference as to what that SAZ-2500D is feeding this sub!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

ah see... I knew there was no fkn way...
No as soon as 1200 watts hits the sub starts to hit mech limits and the coild will leave the gap. All 2500 watts would destroy this sub pretty quickly. It's the Threatcon 2 woofer. It's the exact same as all the Threatcon 2 12"s that have already ordered.

SAZ 2500d on a 600w RMS sub tuned at 38Hz... I'm not criticizing the sub, but this obviously isn't a street setup
Not many $129 subs can take 2500 watts without blowing up pretty quickly, so props to you on that.
Wasn't taking all 2500 watts. It was just over 1k. Once it hits 1200 it will leave the gap and hit mech limits

1200w and it leaves the gap what good does the 3 inch coil do you can't use it. I'm not impressed that just shows where they cheapest out at.
As far as I'm concerned its more of a warning than anything for you to turn it down so you don't destroy the sub. The sub is rated at 600 RMS and at DOUBLE power its leaving the gap and still playing. You can hear it hitting mechanical limits at that point.

But its all good man. Everyone has their opinions. No worries. I have mine, others have theirs. Thanks for the input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

C2 Audio

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
C2 Audio
Youngstown, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date