Thoughts on this DMM

Participant count
  • Participant list

rjay
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Okay, finally getting around to buying my first dmm. I really know nothing about them, but want to learn since it seems they can useful around the house and amongst other things. See alot of people recommend Harbor Freight, but Walmart is alot closer so I was looking at this one, Equus 3320 Innova. Again it won't be used a whole lot, so I don't want to spend alot of money. This one is priced at $15 and has good reviews. Also can someone tell me how to test an amp, with a dmm, to see if it's working. Looking at buying an amp locally and want to know how I should test it before I actually buy it. Thanks alot.

Didn't know if you could test the amp somehow with the dmm w/o the amp being hooked to anything and see if it had any issues or see that it would function. Maybe a little different, but a while back I sold my indash dvd on CL and the guy was an installer and seemed to know his stuff! Anyways I didn't have the deck connected to anything and he hooked up, what I thought was a dmm, and he was able to have it power on and see that it worked for the most part. I should of asked him what it was, cause maybe it wasn't a dmm.

Didn't know if you could test the amp somehow with the dmm w/o the amp being hooked to anything and see if it had any issues or see that it would function. Maybe a little different, but a while back I sold my indash dvd on CL and the guy was an installer and seemed to know his stuff! Anyways I didn't have the deck connected to anything and he hooked up, what I thought was a dmm, and he was able to have it power on and see that it worked for the most part. I should of asked him what it was, cause maybe it wasn't a dmm.
no, that wasnt a DMM.... they only give out very small voltages, and are designed to "read" what voltage, impendance, amperage, etc is flowing through a circuit... for you to test the amp, you'd have to have it hooked up to a 12v supply, and a source

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.