Thoughts on Soundstream Rub1.2500D

Participant count
  • Participant list

joeybutts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
VA
I've been looking for an amp that will give me about 2500RMS for four SQ HDS212s in small sealed. I was originally looking at the super small amps (APSM2000, N4, PH4000MD, etc) but don't get a good feeling about them. Don't know why.

So I found this and at $290 was thinking it was a steal, but wanted to do my research before pulling the trigger. Thanks for any insight!

Sounstream amps are fairly decent. The THD is not the best as stated. They will do rated but require lots of juice. I had a Tower and it was great I thought. Most on here will not care for them.

Personally, Id budget for something a touch better quality.

I do not recommend it friend had one and it was distortion piece of junk and he had a big battery bank and nice wire. I would recommend if your not looking to spend much more a lanzar opti series(sonic electronix) or a soundqubed 2200. I personally have done alot of test with diffrent amps and I love the opti series for the price and clean power they put out. You don't want those cheap amps like soundstream, audiopipe they clip quick and break soon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.