Neglected amp protection in shipping box

Participant count
  • Participant list

ckunke002
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Do any of you have experience with having an amp shipped without adequate bubble-wrap or foam? How did that amp work for you?

I'm curious because I received an amp order from amazon that had extremely minimal protection with box damage and have no way to test the amp for a few more weeks until my sub comes. I'm worried it might have been damaged but no way to know...

You can test the basics if you can power it up and send it a signal. See if it powers on correctly without protet light etc. Check for VAC output at the terminals with a multimeter if you have one

If you had the chance I think you should have rejected the package. You might have gotten lucky and no damaged occurred, but it's a big sin to skimp on padding when mailing electronics. With amplifiers you have to protect the ends with the connectors, as they can get smashed in.

You can test the basics if you can power it up and send it a signal. See if it powers on correctly without protet light etc. Check for VAC output at the terminals with a multimeter if you have one
alright im about to go try this. If it does power up and show output, should that be a good indicator that it won't have issues? Or is it likely that they could show up down the road..

So it did turn on and appears to have proper output. Still kinda sour over knowing it was thrown around with zero protection lol

Yea i wouldn't be happy about it either in fact i received my Crescendo Bc3500 a couple years ago with a major blemish/indentation on the side of the heat sink regardless of decent packaging. You really never know how the shipping companies are gonna handle the product. If everything checks out and it physically looks ok, id say your probably gonna be fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.