Thoughts on skar audio amps

What's the difference between the skar rp 2000 and t 2000. On YouTube the Dyno for the rp was higher plus the volts wasn't to the sky as with the t 2000 from 2013..

In my sons car I replaced my loaner/personal amps with a Skar RP 1500 and was not impressed... the RF 500s's bridged into a pair of RE ***-10D2 at 4 ohm each were noticeably more powerful than the Skar amp at 1 ohm on a pair of VVX-10 D4... and this was supposedly MORE power?

the rp 1500 tested at 1386 rms but thats uncertified into clipping (should be like 1700 or more) so probably test clean 1200 or so... however the rp 2000 tested clean over 2200 rms..
I love when amps don't make their ratings... LOL!

Older Skar amps (when he first started company) were comparable to Sundown (I think same boards if I'm not mistaken) I had a few Skar amps and subs and spoke to Kevin directly with no issues at all. I remember he had a deal with a purchase of subs you get an enclosure as well. He did right by me on my dealings with him. I don't know how the amps are now though.

Older Skar amps (when he first started company) were comparable to Sundown (I think same boards if I'm not mistaken) I had a few Skar amps and subs and spoke to Kevin directly with no issues at all. I remember he had a deal with a purchase of subs you get an enclosure as well. He did right by me on my dealings with him. I don't know how the amps are now though.
What line of skar are you referring to would like to check them while I try to hunt down a cheap dd m2

The only line of skar amps that were really good were the sk v1's. Im not a fan of some of the v2 boards. They went more bare bones korean. They are still good, but the v1s were better

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.