Precision Power Amplifiers?

Hello,

There are a lot of brands out there now that we didn't have "back in the day" and so I'm unfamiliar. Additionally, some of the brands that were good no longer are.

I've been looking at Precision Power subwoofer amplifiers.

Reviews are good, but I'm noticing a lot of reviews these days are biased in favor of advertisers.

What is the street consensus of the Precision Power brand?

Regards,

Josh

Hello,
There are a lot of brands out there now that we didn't have "back in the day" and so I'm unfamiliar. Additionally, some of the brands that were good no longer are.

I've been looking at Precision Power subwoofer amplifiers.

Reviews are good, but I'm noticing a lot of reviews these days are biased in favor of advertisers.

What is the street consensus of the Precision Power brand?

Regards,

Josh
Junk compared to what they were in their hay day, probably the lowest tier entry level people around here recommend these days for budget equipment.

Some are really good, like the phantoms, the boards used in those are also in Polk, Hertz, NVX and ofcourse Soundstream (Sister brand). Ions are decent, but a little overrated. I have no experience with the Black Ice or Atoms. But just like Soundstream it's a brand thats hit or miss nowadays. There not like JL, Sundown, Kicker, RF etc, where whats on the box is atleast what your going to get every single time.

Again though if your looking at phantoms you will be happy with what you get.

I believe this one is an ion, but I'm not sure.

How is Rockford-Fosgate these days?

JL is still tops? Kicker? I'm not even sure which brands I should be considering, but you folks seem to like those from the post above.

Thank you.

Josh

JL is still tops? Kicker? I'm not even sure which brands I should be considering, but you folks seem to like those from the post above.

Thank you.

Josh
Rockford lives off the name. A lot of cheap crap that's churched up same as kicker.

Amps will do what they say but are not a value unless you go to the lowest level. JL is ok. W6 is great but not worth retail, same goes for all of it. ZR800 midbass are some of the best and real value. The rest of the speakers are not good. Decent mids, crap tweeters.

Thank you.

Josh
yeah the phantom 1k like i have tested at 1162 rms clean.. some guys here have the 2 or 4 channel version with 1 guy has 4 2 channel on a expensive system.. sundown, twisted sounds, ssa, cab ultra (sub) cab 1600 $199 (amp), fu audio, dc audio, b2 audio, incriminator audio, american bass, nvx, audio legion to name a few are the hot good brands

yeah the phantom 1k like i have tested at 1162 rms clean.. some guys here have the 2 or 4 channel version with 1 guy has 4 2 channel on a expensive system.. sundown, twisted sounds, ssa, cab ultra (sub) cab 1600 $199 (amp), fu audio, dc audio, b2 audio, incriminator audio, american bass, nvx, audio legion to name a few are the hot good brands
its cheap budget power and will always be cheap budget power. Reliability is extremely good with ppi amps though. Put mines through hell and it never dies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.