Thoughts on precision power ppi p900.4

It has extensive coverage on DIYMA with feedback from the guy who helped engineer it. I'll try to find the link for you. I'm confident enough in it that I'm equally torn between 3-way active amplification for my future build with either of these two configurations:

1:

PPI P900.4

PPI P600.2

PPI Black Ice 1800W monoblock

MMATS Ultimate SQ HiFi

MMATS 2000.1

Yeah, I just put it against MMATS *dons flame shield*

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

New PPI amps (Phantom & Black Ice) - DIYMA Car Audio Forum

Here you go

It has extensive coverage on DIYMA with feedback from the guy who helped engineer it. I'll try to find the link for you. I'm confident enough in it that I'm equally torn between 3-way active amplification for my future build with either of these two configurations:
1:

PPI P900.4

PPI P600.2

PPI Black Ice 1800W monoblock

MMATS Ultimate SQ HiFi

MMATS 2000.1

Yeah, I just put it against MMATS *dons flame shield*

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

New PPI amps (Phantom & Black Ice) - DIYMA Car Audio Forum

Here you go
Against Mmats really? Wow, I think that's enough for me to give it a shot. Can't go wrong for $190. Thanks neo and thanks for the link.

[quote name='Dtrom']@neo_styles ; is the extra power/ground input that comes with the ppi amp for 4 gauge?[/QUOTE]

It natively takes 4ga. That adapter is to fit 0ga wire without needing a reducer. Tripped me up the first time, too.

It natively takes 4ga. That adapter is to fit 0ga wire without needing a reducer. Tripped me up the first time, too.
Okay cool. I thought it was an 8ga-4ga adapter. 0awg sounds like overkill lol

Okay cool. I thought it was an 8ga-4ga adapter. 0awg sounds like overkill lol
It probably is but it makes sense from a manufacturing standpoint. Since the whole line of amps shares the same casing, they just want to make it universal. But on 75A fusing, yeah, there's no requirement to do 4ga.

It probably is but it makes sense from a manufacturing standpoint. Since the whole line of amps shares the same casing, they just want to make it universal. But on 75A fusing, yeah, there's no requirement to do 4ga.
Ah gotcha. Does this amp do its rated 145x4 @ 4 ohms?

[quote name='Dtrom']Ah gotcha. Does this amp do its rated 145x4 @ 4 ohms?[/QUOTE]

I've seen several cases where it does a decent amount over rated, but @trumpet ; would be the better guy to ask since he's had more play time with it.

it has shown to do over rated. It was supposed to be rated spot on, however something happened where they ended up rating it lower than its output, though not much. I can't remember where I read it, but I did read it lol.

As far as using it for 2way front active setup. I think it's decent. However, the 12db/oct slope leaves much to be desired. One thing that bothered me though is that the amp is more prone to noise. When I switched out amps, this one gave me engine whine more than the previous amp. Nothing that having a better ground won't fix though. I'd recommend the amp any day of the week though, good shit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.