Quick question.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yes you can..Its called Trimode for you folks out there.I did during the late 80s/early 90s with subs and tweets on a 2ch ampTri-Mode Speaker Connection

Running dual mode would put you at a 2ohm load IN STEREO for a sub, and a set of 4ohm speakers, provided that the sub is 4ohm as well.
given the diagram on the link does it have to be wired like that? im asking because i have two subs, two speakers, and a 2 channel amp. i was just hoping to splice one speaker with one sub and the other speaker spliced with the other sub (simplicity).

given the diagram on the link does it have to be wired like that? im asking because i have two subs, two speakers, and a 2 channel amp. i was just hoping to splice one speaker with one sub and the other speaker spliced with the other sub (simplicity).
That would work fine,yet, you will be in stereo mode.need to be sure that you wire the configuration properly to ohm load as well.Make sure that the subs are wired properly for 4ohm load, and add the speakers in which should be 4ohms as well, will give you that 2ohm stereo load, in which 95% of all amplifiers are 2ohm stereo stable..you may want to add bass caps on the stereo speakers poss wiring, so you can turn it up a bit more

To run Mixed Mono, yes you will want to wire as shown, but you can run everything in Stereo mode as well as stated just above

That would work fine,yet, you will be in stereo mode.need to be sure that you wire the configuration properly to ohm load as well.Make sure that the subs are wired properly for 4ohm load, and add the speakers in which should be 4ohms as well, will give you that 2ohm stereo load, in which 95% of all amplifiers are 2ohm stereo stable..you may want to add bass caps on the stereo speakers poss wiring, so you can turn it up a bit more
perfect man thanks for the help.

Yes you can..Its called Trimode for you folks out there.I did during the late 80s/early 90s with subs and tweets on a 2ch ampTri-Mode Speaker Connection

Running dual mode would put you at a 2ohm load IN STEREO for a sub, and a set of 4ohm speakers, provided that the sub is 4ohm as well.
Sorry, I was thinking more along the lines of no... without a crossover.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.