Thoughts on positioning tweeters behind me into my subwoofer wall?

Aleks15Civic

My Setup:

Car:

Civic 2000 Hatchback

Subs x2:

Amazon.com: Kicker 10CVR154 15 CompVR 4 Ohm DVC Subwoofer: Car Electronics

The Amp:

Memphis Car Audio Amp 16 PRX 1 1000 1000 Watt | eBay

Door Speakers:

Amazon.com: Kicker DS65 6.5" Coax Speakers (Pair): Car Electronics

The Amp:

Amazon.com: Dual XPE2700 400W Max, 2-Channel MOSFET XPE Series Power Amplifier: Car Electronics

Tweeters x2:

Amazon.com: Pyramid TW44 1-Inch Tweeter: Car Electronics

The Amp:

Amazon.com: Lanzar HTG237 1,000-Watt 2-Channel Mosfet Amplifier: Car Electronics

No capacitors on the AMPS. Got a 1,000W XS Power Battery. Stock alternator. Big three upgrade. Dynomatted.

The tweeters are not yet installed as I have no where normal to place them without cutting into my car. Which I don't really want to do. I'm not a very artistic person so fiberglass work is kind of out of the question.

The thing is, my subs are walled right behind me. Here are some photos of the subs

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bxg4MZTjlZ21ZlF6WUZ4cDRxcUU&usp=drive_web

What do you guys think of cutting holes into that huge ported box and slapping in my tweeters? I've heard they should always come from the front, but considering they will be very close to my ears, does it make a difference? Also, will the subs interfere in any way as they would be sharing the enclosure or would I have to seal them off separately?

Any comments much appreciated!

Normally they would be mounted in the front,but with a wall and poor quality tweeters, who cares....

Looks like they'll be pretty harsh..... get What you pay for.... $10 tweeters....off 1000 Watts...

I blew my budget a hundred times over with the subs, amp, and enclosure. So I cheaped out on the rest of the setup so it will have to do for now. Better than what was there before is all that matters for now.

They would be equidistant mounting them in a "normal" spot ahead of me, or on that wall. Would it really make a big difference positioning them behind me?

Last edited by a moderator:
If your looking for loudness, it won't matter...it all depends if your wanting a realistic soundstage...

If you still want them in the back...make a little piece and put them in that big gap between your "wall" and your roof..

Hmm, that's a good idea. Haven't thought of that one. Although I do envision it looking really out of place that way, I could try to make it work.

Would it make a difference if I center them both on top, place them on the top sides, or maybe even on the actual sides of the box?

I would try to fit them in the front somewhere, but they are unnecessarily huge. I'd probably have to make my own pods or body panels and I have no experience with that.

You already have coaxials. Why do you want to add tweeters (especially those ones)? Are you speakers not keeping up with the subs?

If that's the case I'd return the speakers, tweeters, and both amps and invest in a higher quality coaxial (if you really don't want to modify anything) and a higher quality 2 channel amp.

Okay, let's say I scrap my tweeters, door speakers, and amps from them. Leave just the subs and the monoblock. What would be my best call for speakers/amp combo at a $200 budget?

Yeah, I do realize I cheaped out too far on the rest of my system. But what would you suggest I do with about $200?

To really be a wall that box needs to be sealed off top/bottom/sides. You can put your tweeters in the side or top trim panels. I've done it a ton of time, but those set ups also have tweeters up front...

I would keep them in front of you, somewhere on the door or a pillar. I wouldnt run them on axis, they would be very harsh. Place them off axis in the doors and you should be fine.

Its not the greatest equipment, but dont let these guys get you down or change your mind. Try it out, see how YOU like it. Its YOUR car and they speakers, if you dont like them they can be changed later....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.