Tweeter advice for stock dash location!

Participant count
  • Participant list

atownmack
10+ year member

I need some advice on tweeters before I make a purchase. The tweeters will be mounted in the stock dash location of my Camry firing into the windshield. I'm not into building pods or fiberglassing the a pillar just because I prefer the stock look. I currently have some MB Quarts tweeters and CANNOT Stand bright or harsh tweeters. I'm looking at the vifa xt25. Would these be a good choice based on my needs. The tweeters will be run active.

have you tried speaker grill cloth over your current tweeters? Does the xover let you attenuate them -3db? Have you played with EQ at 10Khz/12Khz?

Ring radiators are very nice and not bright at all, but I've never tried them reflecting off a windshield...

Considering off axis response drops off, the xt25s probably won't sound bright at all. But if you had decent eq and level control, that'd be all you'd need to tame a lot of different tweeters

I run the MB quarts active on my cz702. I have them turned all the way down. I'll try the speaker cloth idea. I ordered the vifa's just because they were so inexpensive I said, Ill give them a shot!

you should be good with those vifas... in all honesty, if the tweets are bright or harsh its mroe than likely the tuning... do you have a 31band eq?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.