Thoughts on JBL GTO 609C

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigblank69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Eureka, MO
Does anyone have experience or heard this set before? The company I work for has a deal with Harman and I can get these for $112 shipped. I just installed Polk DB651's in my Truck connected to a NVX JAD900.5, but I'm not exactly crazy about the sound in my truck, which I think is because of the coaxials placed low in the door, unlike the stock system which uses a tweeter in the dash. So I'd like to go with Separates, but I'm budget conscious since this is going in a vehicle I use very sparsely.

Any thoughts would be great.

I have the 509C set on order right now. They are supposed to come in this weekend, so I can let you know how they sound when I put them in. I know SkylineTT has installed some similar ones and he had high regards for them. Thus why I have mine on order now.

Yeah, they're good stuff. I think your polks are a lower end model and are also a coaxial so installing a component set will probably help you out regardless, but the GTO's are a great set for that price range.

Thanks for the answers, It's a pretty sweet deal I get thru Harman so I purchased them. They will be here on Saturday. Now just need to figure out if I want to install the tweeters in the dash or in the sail panels. I just wish I had looked into this before hand, I could have gotten these right off the bat and gotten a Infinity K5 amp (For a stupid low price of $265 err).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.