Thoughts on B2 Audio?

Participant count
  • Participants list
Poor Sentra

Your box is next man, I had to do this one because it's for my shop guy.

I'm also about to do a wall for 8 ZV5 15's in a suburban. It'll probably be a 4th or 6th or a type of clamshell. Really man, I'm not sure how you say which one is better. I'm doing boxes for the NSV4's, Zv5's, B26's, and another b2 sub I forgot the name of. All in bandpasses, walls or blowthroughs. All of those subs seem to be good. Idk if b2 is really proven yet, Sundown is proven, DC audio is another choice, like a level 5 or 6. I did a wall for 5 of the level 6 15's as well. So you're not going to go wrong with the way you're thinking. All of those subs are good woofers I believe.

No rush man. Weather here is **** and work is beyond stupid busy. Even if you sent me the design tonight, I still couldn’t work on it for another week or two at least.

Yeah man the v4 nighshades are INSANE. I'm actually designing a box for 2 12's right now! On 8k in a sentra!

What are your enclosure specs? I am thinking 5.0ft3 Net with a 38" long 100in2 port. I want to be able to hair trick a little and still get up on the meter.

What size sub?

2x NSV4 12s. My max dimensions are 39W, 14H, 32D. 5cf net, 96.25in2 port tuned to 33hz seems like the best balance. Port velocity ends up peaking at 18.5m/s.

Something like this:

2x NSV4 12s. My max dimensions are 39W, 14H, 32D. 5cf net, 96.25in2 port tuned to 33hz seems like the best balance. Port velocity ends up peaking at 18.5m/s.

Something like this:

View attachment 28446

You don't need that much port area. Those subs do move quite a bit of air, but I think you will lose some bandwidth and not really gain much from that much port area.

You don't need that much port area. Those subs do move quite a bit of air, but I think you will lose some bandwidth and not really gain much from that much port area.

Does this seem better? I just want highest SPL between 28-38. Thanks for the advice btw. I am just worried about port velocity being too high.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...