Thought process system building

I have read on a few different threads that the CAB Ultra 12"s are an older model of Sundown. If so then what is a comparable Sundown 12" to get especially price wise and would the CAB 1600.1 amp be enough to push the 2 12" Sundown subs? Or would getting 2 12" CAB Ultras be safe? Thanks
Its not an older model, its a superior model. You'd have to pay 400 dollars to get something similar with the sundown counterpart. the ultra is basically almost 2x the weight of a sundown SA series just to give you perspective. 50lbs vs 26lbs.

I see that the CAB Ultra 12" has a 750 watt rms, but what is the subs max wattage?
you mean whats the number it sees before it dies? AKA max wattage?

10,000 or a wall socket.

Seriously, never EVER talk about max or peak wattage again. Garbage useless trash numbers that you should NEVER look at or take into account for anything EVER again.

The extra weight means a MUCH stronger motor translate to loudness and better quality then whatever else you suggested.

Also higher wattage numbers doesnt mean the sub is louder it just means you need to feed it that much amplifier power for it to get loud. aka power handling. unless you have ridiculous amounts of amplifier power like over 3k rms, you shouldnt worry about power ratings. Look into the sub's contruction, basket, motor, voice coil, designs cone construction, Electromechanical parameters aka ts specs. all those are the proper way of knowing if a sub is good or not.

When you go out and shop with just power numbers and ratings in mind is how you get led to buying garbage products aka boss, pyle, power acoustik, lanzar.

you mean whats the number it sees before it dies? AKA max wattage?
10,000 or a wall socket.

Seriously, never EVER talk about max or peak wattage again. Garbage useless trash numbers that you should NEVER look at or take into account for anything EVER again.

The extra weight means a MUCH stronger motor translate to loudness and better quality then whatever else you suggested.

Also higher wattage numbers doesnt mean the sub is louder it just means you need to feed it that much amplifier power for it to get loud. aka power handling. unless you have ridiculous amounts of amplifier power like over 3k rms, you shouldnt worry about power ratings. Look into the sub's contruction, basket, motor, voice coil, designs cone construction, Electromechanical parameters aka ts specs. all those are the proper way of knowing if a sub is good or not.

When you go out and shop with just power numbers and ratings in mind is how you get led to buying garbage products aka boss, pyle, power acoustik, lanzar.
I did not know that about those numbers and thank you for your response about the additional weight

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.