Thought process system building

Ueafa

Arizona
Hi. I am wanting to build a system to put in my mini van that I am hoping to buy in a couple of months. I would like to have 2 12" Kicker L7 subs but am lost as how to power them amp wattage wise. I would like to not spend a fortune on this, so would like some input as to where to go to buy for the best prices and what brand(s) to go with. Also what all would you suggest that I need to go with it, capaciter etc.Thank you

L7 aren't very good. If you're not getting them used/local for really cheap I'd avoid them.

Tell us how much space you have to spare for a box, how much money you have to spend, and what your goals are and you'll probably get better suggestions.

Thank you for letting me know about the L7's. I was looking at Alpine Type R's, JL W7's or Infinity Kappa Perfect for back up. I'm not sure how much space I'll have since I don't have the vehicle I am on social security after my accident so just saving money now but saving won't be an issue. Just a loud affordable system that definitely sounds clean is. What would you suggest for the best bang for my buck?

What are some of the best subs out these days to buy (I've been out of the car audio world ever since I started riding crotch rockets about 10 years ago. Once I know what is good quality then I can start saving directly for that object. Would it be better to go with 10" subs or does that all depend on space?I'm trying to learn more about this fascinating all over again, that's why I joined this forum

If you have space, 2 CAB Ultra 12s would do very well.

If you wanted 10s, id look at sq hds210 and sundown e10s for budget options. Sundown sa, ssa gcon, ia lethal injection, ab tnt, sq hds3 are all a step up

A few 12's and a 1200-1500 watt amp might put you around 500-600 bucks.

You have the option of going with a powerful 5 ch amp and run the entire system off that too.

Where could I find 2 CAB Ultra 12s and what amp to power them? I am torn between 10s and 12s because when I was younger I always had 10s while my friends had 12s. I'm starting to get lost and confused in my head now over analyzing things. I feel as if I need my hand held through this process

A few 12's and a 1200-1500 watt amp might put you around 500-600 bucks.
You have the option of going with a powerful 5 ch amp and run the entire system off that too.
I like your thought process here Boomin. What 12s and amp would fit in that budget, and where should I buy this from?

Boomin you're the ****. I have about $200 right now but am waiting on a tattoo artist to pay me back $300 that he stole from me (long story). Once I have more would you mind if I were to contact you for further input?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.