Thors 09 Build Log

Single amp it is!

Next month I'll give you the full out amp cant put out more demo and when we're done your gonna look at me and say I need a second amp. roflmao. I've been running around with my amp at .5 daily and just getting Nasty with these subs and everyone that sees em says the same thing.....you could use some more power!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I'll give the advantage to you as you build strictly for tones with a slight advantage to me for the xtra power;)

I got a pr of spl xl's coming my way for testing. I bet these would be right up your alley:cool:

Not ready to switch yet. I haven't even popped the cherry on the aq's and it's been 2 years I've been wanting a pair of 10's.

As for your amp selection I still think sd would be the wiser choice. This might get long, but here's my logic.

The stetson is a great amp, and equally powerful, but your at a disadvantage cause of your voltage. If you could run the 12V version you would be getting extra power, but since you have to run the 16V one, it's like your running it with a crutch, and not using it to it's full potential. For the sd amps, they don't even make 16v versions. They are all 12v and if you have extra power you come out ahead. So comparing the 16v 12k stetsom you use you are getting maybe 9 k since your not actually at 16v. Running the similar 12k 12v sd you should have about 14-15k with your extra wattage. I know rise and all that comes into play, but you would be coming out ahead with your beefed up electrical setup.

Just some food for thought. I hope we find one this season to do a drop in test like at the last show. It;s great seeing 2 products back to back.

Not ready to switch yet. I haven't even popped the cherry on the aq's and it's been 2 years I've been wanting a pair of 10's.
As for your amp selection I still think sd would be the wiser choice. This might get long, but here's my logic.

The stetson is a great amp, and equally powerful, but your at a disadvantage cause of your voltage. If you could run the 12V version you would be getting extra power, but since you have to run the 16V one, it's like your running it with a crutch, and not using it to it's full potential. For the sd amps, they don't even make 16v versions. They are all 12v and if you have extra power you come out ahead. So comparing the 16v 12k stetsom you use you are getting maybe 9 k since your not actually at 16v. Running the similar 12k 12v sd you should have about 14-15k with your extra wattage. I know rise and all that comes into play, but you would be coming out ahead with your beefed up electrical setup.

Just some food for thought. I hope we find one this season to do a drop in test like at the last show. It;s great seeing 2 products back to back.

Very good logic and reasoning. Definately food for thought. lol I do have a 16v bank to play with..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

I snuck into the cargo elevator to get a demo when Steve was leaving.

Had a great time at CES. It definately is something to experience! I'll be booking early for next yr!

HPIM3072.jpg

HPIM3073.jpg

Steves ride sounded really clean. Hit hard like a champ and very very clean //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Kimbo! WTF Thor! I didn't realize he was that tall.
Never met you in person, but aren't you like 6'3" or something?

Did you talk to him much? Cool, real person?
Didnt really get to chat with him cause of all the attention that he draws but he was def a laid back personality. Didnt even hesitate when I asked for a pic.

I'm currently 6'2" and shrinking due to some shrinking discs in my back:crap:

trunk hit hard like kimbo slice! lol get ready to see that banda in action rob!!!!
I cant wait!

I hear tale that a certain GP will be going to SBN with a couple 14k's:eek://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

All I know is the guy standing to the right of kimbo looks very, very gay, and you make sure to tell him for me rob //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.