This thread contains Seas Lotus *pics*

I've been loving my ref set...been using deftones passenger for alot of my breaking in duties.... You have Aim Fox ?
You mean the record Passenger by the Deftones??? Not following you there. YGPM about AIM //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I've been listening to Tool's new disk for the past few days and these speakers, to my surprise, really keep up nicely. In my set up's in the past, this type of music - distorted guitars, a lot of reverb, and heavy bass guitar - has always got to me after listening for awhile. That is, I liked the sound, but always had to turn the volume down due to fatigue after awhile. With the addition of the Ref mids it's like I can listen to them for hours at high volume and never get worn out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

And I also challenge the generally held consensus that the Performance mids do better 80hz and lower. If anything, in my experience, it's the other way around. But, I would agree with those that say that the midrange is clearer and cleaner....which is evidenced by very realistic sounding female vocals [think Shania Twain :boobies:]

More updates....stay tuned //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

And now as promised, a little Mr Marv magic with some DLS sexiness on top //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

MarvBox3.jpg

MarvBox6.jpg

MarvBox7.jpg

Thanks to Mr Marv for his help with my custom enclosure and amp rack. I highly recommend Marv for both his work and for his customer service. He takes the time to talk to you and you usually end up BS'n with him for awhile - even though he's a very busy guy.

Just for fun, I decided to measure how close he got to my original design/blueprint and the measurements were EXACT!! I mean not even a 1/32" off!! The craftsmenship is outstanding. He even put 1" MDF on the face. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well times are a changin' once again...call me stupid but I had to let the DLS beauties go to allow greater flexiblity and tweakability for my newest venture - 4 way active //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

I also welcomed to the family a new little speaker....the ever popular Usher 9845 textile midrange. It will go nicely in the factory kicks.

Here's the new layout....for awhile at least //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif ...

Slide1.JPG

More pics to come as I get everthing installed!

Comments, suggestions, feedback welcome....but try to refrain from posting pics of your ported enclosures with empty diet pop bottles in the vent without proper explanation //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Ya know Fox .... I've been playing with my new Lotus mid-bass drivers for about two weeks , and WOW are they awesome at resolving details , but at a complete lack of warmth. While they are truly great drivers , I feel the Rainbow Profis are just as good , and maybe even better.

How low does that Usher midrange play ?

Oh yeah ... One more thing ... For mid-bass , say from 80 hz and up , I have never heard a better speaker than the Profi Kicks .... They hit as hard as ANY 7 or 8 inch dedicated mid-bass driver , yet have EXTREME snap and impact. Their tone is incredible too.

If I end up going 3-way , these will be my mid-bass driver covering 80hz to 200 hz ...

Ya know Fox .... I've been playing with my new Lotus mid-bass drivers for about two weeks , and WOW are they awesome at resolving details , but at a complete lack of warmth. While they are truly great drivers , I feel the Rainbow Profis are just as good , and maybe even better. How low does that Usher midrange play ?
Cool...yes they are nice mids. I haven't got the Ushers yet. Stay tuned //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Oh yeah ... One more thing ... For mid-bass , say from 80 hz and up , I have never heard a better speaker than the Profi Kicks .... They hit as hard as ANY 7 or 8 inch dedicated mid-bass driver , yet have EXTREME snap and impact. Their tone is incredible too. If I end up going 3-way , these will be my mid-bass driver covering 80hz to 200 hz ...
Well if the Profi is THAT much better than the Pro then that is saying a lot. I haven't heard enough midbass drivers, so I can't do a cross comparison. But thanks for the tips.

Why wouln't you run the Profi's any lower than 80hz??

Well if the Profi is THAT much better than the Pro then that is saying a lot. I haven't heard enough midbass drivers, so I can't do a cross comparison. But thanks for the tips.
Why wouln't you run the Profi's any lower than 80hz??
The Profi Kick version , Kick being the key word , does not play lower than 80 hz. It is a very interesting design bt Rainbow. Making the speaker not have to play lower than 80 allows them to really concentrate on the frequencies above 80 ... It makes for MASSIVE kick bass and insanely tight and rich mid-bass ... I was originally concerned about how it would integrate with my subs , but to my suprise it was FLAWLESS. They actualy will play lower than 80 hz , but roll off VERY rapidly below the 80 ....

The Profi Kick version , Kick being the key word , does not play lower than 80 hz. It is a very interesting design bt Rainbow. Making the speaker not have to play lower than 80 allows them to really concentrate on the frequencies above 80 ... It makes for MASSIVE kick bass and insanely tight and rich mid-bass ... I was originally concerned about how it would integrate with my subs , but to my suprise it was FLAWLESS. They actualy will play lower than 80 hz , but roll off VERY rapidly below the 80 ....
So 4th order at 80.....is that a 165mm driver then? or is it a 7"er? You are talking about IB, right??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.