This thread contains Seas Lotus *pics*

Yea me too. I figure if npdang likes them, they must be pretty decent....as he does have a very discriminating ear.

So did the A5 go to a good home then??

i've heard read good things about those Seas Neo's over on diymobileaudio. you may have to get me going with an active setup when i can get back in the game.

sad to see it go for sure but its for the best for me right now. in the future though i was thinking some of the seas neo tweets with a seas performance 6.5" mid, no idea on anything else though.
Should be a pretty good match up. If you can afford the ~$100 price difference, go for the Refs...you won't be disapointed. Hell maybe by then I'll have graduated and be selling mine...who knows with this insane hobby. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

New toys!! You really can't have too much Seas in your system. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

SeasTAFNC_Dtweets2.jpg

SeasTAFNC_Dtweets3.jpg

I picked these up from Madisound for $28.95 ea ($64.05) shipped. They are the metal domes if you can't tell from the pics. Well actually the fabric dome version of the Neo tweet has a grill on it, not a diffuser....so you can't really confuse the two I guess.

Initial impressions and an direct comparo to my Dyn's to come. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well for anyone looking to purchase the Seas Neo tweeters, be forwarned that the power leads from the terminals to the voice coil are VERY FRAGILE and can easly break if you are not extremely careful installing them!! I managed to break a lead on both of the tweeters //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif Luckly Madisound sent me out a replacement on one right away...and I managed to solder one back to working order. I love Seas products, but man they do some retarded **** sometimes!

So I ended up getting both tweeters replaced by Madisound. They were a little reluctant to replace both since I did the same thing twice. But i made a deal with the guy and volunteered to pay for the shipping on the second one ($4.05) if he replaced it.

As soon as I got them I filled the opening in the plastic housing where the exposed thread is with hot glue. Here are before and after pics:

Seasneotweet3.jpg

Seasneotweets4.jpg

It does look a little better than that now that I soldered wire directly to the terminals...the heat remelted the glue and cleaned it up.

Review for those interested coming up!!

Initial impressions of the Seas Neos are two thumbs up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif

The sound is accurate, 'airy' and they are a good match to my articulate midrange and midbass. There is no harshness, but they can be a little bright. They are sort of neutral on bad music....detailed, yet somewhat forgiving. Nothing an EQ can't fix I guess. With high quality disks, they can really shine.

At high volume, there is some sibilance...especially with female vocals. Go figure. My test for this is some selected tracks off the Celtic Women CD. Lots of chances for ringing, harshness, and 'shhhh' and 'sssss' sounds. Overall they did quite well, but not perfect.

I currently have them HP at 5kHz @ 12dB/oct. I did try them in a two way with the Lotus Reference mids and they sounded best at about 3.15kHz @ 12dB/oct slope. I don't remember the other x-over points right now...but I think I have the Usher's LP at 4kHz or so.

They are mounted exactly where my Dyn MD100's used to be in the pic below....angled about 30* up from the dash with the left tweet at 30* off axis and the right tweet at 60* off axis. Together they are aimed at eye level directly above the front edge of the dash.

Ushermidinstall2.jpg

Dispite the poorly thought out design, for 28 bucks a pop you can't go wrong.

It is time again...out with the new and in with the newer! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Anyone care to guess what these little gems are??

78b79444.jpg

c61f2a8e.jpg

Ok, I guess I'll tell.....

a6aa0fd7.jpg

On 3/4 MDF baffles.

4d95fdbd.jpg

I taped the back of the magnets so the beautiful mirror stainless finish wouldn't get all scratched up.

04bec710.jpg

Usher 9845 3" dome vs HAT Legatia 3" cone

d17ea20f.jpg

Temporary home held loosly for easy repositioning by backstrap. Custom kicks coming this fall.

c82d8799.jpg

Despite the rain, I managed to carpet my enclosure/rack. The color doesn't match the interior exactly, but it's pretty close. Next up is to fab some kicks for the Legatias.

bde23fa5.jpg

I'm following along too. Just to get some ideas for my system. You guys sure do have some pretty drivers there.
Thanks! Hopefully the user can make them sound pretty too! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.