This sound like a dumb ass idea?

Participant count
  • Participant list

moneyovabreezys
10+ year member

Sac
on the back dash of my car theres a whole in the center for an 8" woofer, i was just wondering wasnt to serious bout it but how would it sound if i took out everything in my trunk and put in a 500-1500 rms 8"sub on in, depth is no problem i have 2 feet plus of depth, the way my car is the whole trunk would be one big ass box cause its realllly sealed, the gas tank is behind the back seats so the ONLY port from the trunk to the inside is through that 8" hole and the lil holes for screws around it. so yeah, just wondering would i get some deep ass bass? i could care less bout how loud it gets i just want some haarddd ass bass, i already have it, was just wondering.

or find an IB sub, your typical 8 would not be happy in that kind of enviroment way too much air space
AND he would have to seal the holly fuck out of his rear deck and rear seat area... All that work just for a tiny 8? Maybe 3 8's then I can see it being worth it. for one , I would just mount a box.

A single 8 running IB wont produce what Id call "hard ass bass".

You wont find an 8 that will handle 1500 watts mounted IB. Not even close. The lack of an air cushion provided by an enclosure means mechanical power limits will be drastically reduced, and will become the limiting factor in power handling. Again, no where near 1500 watts.

Well, if you want it then get it. There are a few ways to channel all the bass into your cab. Do you have an amp already. if you get the sub, you just need to build a box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.