• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 724
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I got my new front speakers, amp, and sub finally and get them installed and try to listen to some bassy music and realized that my head unit totally *****! It won't play a single track without skipping... and no, its not the CD.

I've tried head cleaners, CD scratch removers, CD polish... nothing works. I have a nice system and don't have the money to buy a new head unit. It is a sony CDX-4750.

What I want to know is if there is a good way to clean out a CD player. I have an air compressor at home, could I just blow the thing out or would the scratch the lens?? Any suggestions please?????

I think it is just really really dirty because my driveway is gravel and we have a lot of dust in my area.

i know u said u don't have $$, however, there are some great cd players by awia for like 100 bucks at sears.com. check it out.

Ok first off DO NOT USE THE COMPRESSOR all you will do is put moisture on the lens and then you will have an even bigger problem. if you live near a dealer go to them and ask them what they would suggest and do not go to best buy or circuit city they will tell you you need a new head unit. IF you want to get a nice (new) head unit and not a lot of money go with a pioneer or aiwa two very good brands for not alot of money.

Good luck

Stereoskitz

I once had the same problem. However, it was because my sub was overheating my amp and therefore cut out the sound (ie my stereo/cd stopped playing). Hope this helps.

try to get it fixed.. may be cheaper if the player is worth saving..hmm
intro_0.gif

when i turn my system up real loud it makes my cd skips, i need a new haed unit, hehe, clarion, someone burnt up the outputs, so i modified it , it now his line outs =), paid 10$ for it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.