This is why buying audio gear scares me

Doc Fluty

Here we have an item that is DOUBLE the price from walmart compared to crutchfield.

$62 compared to $150?

This is one of the reasons it scares me to buy Hertz, focal or other gear off ebay or whatever... because i dont know if im getting a good deal or if it could be a fake.

Is there a real good trustworthy online store that has fair prices? I know Crutchfield justifies their prices with top shelf support and authorized products... but who is a newcomer to car audio to trust?

YxtUfns.png

Sonic has crazy deals occasionally. April fools was a legit 40% off. I took advantage of that!
I got that newsletter but it absolutely wouldnt let me use the coupon. Like it took it but didnt give me the discount. Was stupid.

but yes. Sonic is very trustworthy. Pretty much the only site around to get audio gear reliably

It wouldn't accept mine either then I hit apply again and voila. Got my 200$ down to 120. Looking back, and if it happened again, I'd buy everything I ******* need. Was stupid of me not to

I got that newsletter but it absolutely wouldnt let me use the coupon. Like it took it but didnt give me the discount. Was stupid.
but yes. Sonic is very trustworthy. Pretty much the only site around to get audio gear reliably
I always call sonic electronix. They could have gotten you the discount.

ATT Everyone: If you call them on the phone, they can mark down prices even more if you buy multiple things. I've saved quite a bit of money that way.

Some stuff can only be advertised/sold at a minimum price online (because of complicated distributor reasons), but you can get around those stipulations if you buy over the phone. Just thought I'd share that with yall'

I always call sonic electronix. They could have gotten you the discount.
ATT Everyone: If you call them on the phone, they can mark down prices even more if you buy multiple things. I've saved quite a bit of money that way.

Some stuff can only be advertised/sold at a minimum price online (because of complicated distributor reasons), but you can get around those stipulations if you buy over the phone. Just thought I'd share that with yall'
Well i was seeing if it would give me the 40% off for the ms8 but nooo. guess i shoulda called them.

First of all, old model electronics often get discounted 50% or even more over time. The price difference in your picture is simply sites that haven't got around to lowering the sticker price on old stock.

Second, what evidence is there that counterfeit car audio is an actual problem? I've heard one or two stories ever and never saw any convincing proof. Buy local or buy with a credit card/paypal with buyer protection.

I know we are on the internet and all, but nothing beats a good shop. I did drop a couple of grand, but I have great warranty coverage and can have my stuff fixed that day or the next in most cases of problems.

I know we are on the internet and all, but nothing beats a good shop. I did drop a couple of grand, but I have great warranty coverage and can have my stuff fixed that day or the next in most cases of problems.
Yea sure if money isnt an issue. I know quite a few people who have spent twice as much as me and dont have half as much sound quality or spl as i do.

install price zaps away money you coulda spent on gear.

MAP isn't complicated, it's a dealer/reseller contract obligation that's crystal clear when put in writing. When a reseller is not bound by such an agreement then selling prices tend to fall as low as one is willing to go. It's business 101 and the counter to this is called value added selling. A great case study for online selling with added value in this industry is Crutchfield. Any one of you who have chosen to support your local car audio business have done so because their proposition was convincing to you emotionally and logically. It made more sense. They hopefully don't just ring you up and send you on your way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.