This a good setup?

Don't order from Sonic. Been reading a lot of problems recently regarding them.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Which city in Ill are you in?

Also do you think it would be okay to run on the boss amp as it can run 825 watts rms at 2ohm. That is till I earn enough money to buy a better amp.
Wrong approach here.

1: Never buy a pre-made ported box especially those sound ordinance ones. Complete garbage. If you have to do premade, Go with bigger subs and use a sealed box. In your case, do two 15s sealed since a custom ported box would cost a lot unless you willing to get down and dirty and make one yourself.

2: Keep what you have and wait till your budget doubles. Or just get a nice amp now and run the sony subs. You get a good amp first before good subs. rule of thumb.

3: What do you have for a head unit? If you are using a stock head unit or a cheapy aftermarket, that should be you first focus. I'd recommend nothing less than a kenwood kdc x301. If you are using a stock head unit and a line out convertor, that could be the exact reason why your system sounds like sh*t right now.

dude the skar amp i showed u is lots better than that or the ppi 650 on sonic is much better and cheaper., u in same situation i was in looking for cheap amp but man on here every week or so someone else comes on here saying their hifonics amp broke., i think they better than most peeps here but we're just saying for $109-$169 u can get a decent amp.. basicly is it says 1500, 2500rms and it's $120 or so it's not., look at fuses on amp 50amps in fuses (maybe 2 25a) x 14.4v means most that amp cold every do for 1 second is 720 watts ., so like the ppi650 i think has 50amp it's been tested to actually do 585rms so it's does close to rated power and less that fused for., amp can't but out 1000 rms if it's got 40-60amp worth of fuses and others are just my dependable like the small ppi amps there's a ppi 1000 on ebay for $111 it probably really does like 950 rms and everyone loves them, i want one but just wish it did more at 2 ohm but u need power at 1 ohm so thats the amp for u..

dude the skar amp i showed u is lots better than that or the ppi 650 on sonic is much better and cheaper., u in same situation i was in looking for cheap amp but man on here every week or so someone else comes on here saying their hifonics amp broke., i think they better than most peeps here but we're just saying for $109-$169 u can get a decent amp.. basicly is it says 1500, 2500rms and it's $120 or so it's not., look at fuses on amp 50amps in fuses (maybe 2 25a) x 14.4v means most that amp cold every do for 1 second is 720 watts ., so like the ppi650 i think has 50amp it's been tested to actually do 585rms so it's does close to rated power and less that fused for., amp can't but out 1000 rms if it's got 40-60amp worth of fuses and others are just my dependable like the small ppi amps there's a ppi 1000 on ebay for $111 it probably really does like 950 rms and everyone loves them, i want one but just wish it did more at 2 ohm but u need power at 1 ohm so thats the amp for u..
NEW Precision Power iON i1000.1 1000 Watt Mono Small Compact Subwoofer Amplifier | eBay

Can someone link me to the best cap for cheap? I just want one to stop the dimming of my lights. I have the boss amp turned to half gain and it still dims my lights.
extra battery over cap. big 3 is the first upgrade

Thats my plan in the future to get an extra battery but right now I don't have the money for one and I see a cap on amazon for $20.
yeah caps don't usually help that much unless u have to power to put to them in the 1st place., u never know ppi amp maybe better on electrical idk, buy wires for big 3 under hood that will give u a little more power to amp everyone does 0ga but u can use 4 ga wire (don't remove any factory wires just add 4 ga to power and grounds) lots of videos on utube.. use 3/4" mdf wood.. whenever u get subs and amp or wood for box come back make another thread help me design my box or whatever i'll give u dimensions (but need to know how much room u have to work with)

OP, I apologize for going somewhat off-topic here, but I think my response may be helpful to some of the newer folks, yourself included, as I've been in your shoes.

Fellas, I'm wondering if the reason he went around and around with some of the amp brands is because he is unfamiliar with the reliable non-mainstream brands. I'm still learning myself & a year and a half ago, I didn't know who the reliable brands were. I think there should be a dedicated Novice "Favorite Brands" thread, and each time a novice starts a thread, someone point to that thread as a starting point. Maybe start it out with something like, "This is what the veterans here use all day, every day" to give it some credibility. The ohms configuration tool should also be included in the novice thread.

Then they will be introduced to brands like Sundown Audio & the like & see that they're 10x more popular around here than the brands they're used to seeing. Then they come back to their original thread & ask specific questions about those brands, as opposed to going around & around. I know it sounds like hand-holding, but that's sort of the point; to lead them in the right direction early on.

OP, check out Speaker Ohm Configurator for a better understanding of ohms and speaker configuration capabilities.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.