will 2 hds 315's work well off 1 cab or do they need more power?

BOOMINGRANDPA
5,000+ posts

WOLFRAM FTW
NC
just ordered cab for friend (the guy that bought my old crossfire and orion hp 12's, he sold them for a profit lol) told him about cab amp couple weeks ago so it's on the way.. he wanted 4 12's and he has a truck (has back seat but no back doors) he's gonna remove back seat but I kinda talked him into doing 2 ported 15's with the cab instead of 4 12's with like 2 1200 amps also a lot easier to fit back there cheaper to make box than 2 boxes for 12's like he thought about doing.. so 2 sq 315's on cab? or any others I told him about E's and sa bstock.. I know lot of good subs out there for $300 or more each but he trying to stay around $400 for both subs cause he's ordering 0ga wire and fuses now for big 3 and has to build box too and trying to get all in like 2 weeks and he's 19 yrs old and just spend $ re building his motor.. let me know (I already got 2 boxes designed 6.53 and 7.25cf bd (easy to change can make boxes up to 10" taller)

Boxes are waaay too small you want like 4 to 4.5 cubes per 15 after port displacement tuned to 35hz with a lot of port area for those hds especially when you severely underpower them like that. Stick with another subwoofer that requires less airspace because thats not gonna do well.

Boxes are waaay too small you want like 4 to 4.5 cubes per 15 after port displacement tuned to 35hz with a lot of port area for those hds especially when you severely underpower them like that. Stick with another subwoofer that requires less airspace because thats not gonna do well.
OK i was trying for about 80sq" port, like i say i can go taller but that will make port taller and longer unless i do port another way can't go to much longer on port already at about 30" long of course bigger box shorter port so may even out.. be easier now that he's locked into amp he wanted to do 2 less powerful with 4 lower end 12's and i did 15 box so he could still see out back window.. i tell him no 312's told him i'd ask.. so what would be good with cab amp 2 sundown E? SA? or ab?

Two dayton ho 15s. They like small boxes. Or dc level 3 15s or sundown sa 15s or xfls.
I came back to ask about dc level 2.. yeah i told him about bstock sa so that maybe way to go, if i can sell him on 30day warranty.. i'll look at level 3 and xfl

Hds3's **** , have a 15 for the wifes car and it honestly the worst piece of equiptment i own.
you need to hear one with a more appropriate enclosure. clearly its limited because its a cheap sub, but its miles beyond a lot of the subs selling for that price in a ****** audio shop or best buy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.