Thinking of purchasing morel maximo 6x9''s and need advice/opinions

njv5044

So I put a new pair of JL AUDIO TR690's in my car and there ok, but I'm looking for a speaker with more clarity and overall better sound and came across the morels on amazon for $33

Will these be an improvement or a waste of time for me?

my speakers are ran off my HU which has an Alpine KTP-445 that puts out 45rms per channel

and help would be great

thanks for the response

I guess what I'm hoping to figure out from you guys on here is it going to be worthwhile as far as bettering the SQ or am I just as well off sticking to the Jls...

depends what kind of sound you are looking for, these are very warm, laid back sounding speakers. They aren't very in your face, just very smooth.

So if you're looking for something more noticeable, these are not the way to go. I personally love my component set of these Maximos. Only complaint about them is that they really need that power to sing.

mine are very loud and crisp, i really would not call them laid back really. I have alot of power on mine though. In fact i run the eq flat most of the time and they can hurt your ears. Now if i turn up the treble watch out they can get crazy. They pick up very well on that sythesized stuff they use in rap and dubstep really well. That being said you jl only handle 60 w rms and they are fairly sensitive. The morels are like 90w rms and less sensitive as most powefull speakers are. Your sq would likely improve, but your volume would go down with only 45w rms feeding them. If you get a bigger amp they would be worth it, but at this point if you want louder it would not be a good choice for you.

depends what kind of sound you are looking for, these are very warm, laid back sounding speakers. They aren't very in your face, just very smooth.
So if you're looking for something more noticeable, these are not the way to go. I personally love my component set of these Maximos. Only complaint about them is that they really need that power to sing.
how much power are you giving your morels?

Well the db rating is higher on the morels...ima complete newb but in my case this is a good thing right? I have polk dxis.in the front and seperate memphis dash tweets and the highs sound amazing when I fade it to the rear the jls sound.muddy in comparison I'm trying to alleviate that I want clear crisp sound from the rear as well I rarely turn the HU

past 18-20 I just want clear vocals/music to compliment my subs and for $33 if the morels can fix my issue Ill buy now I'm

I'm leery because there so cheap however over priced jls aren't the answer I'm shocked some places charge 190 for these jls as they don't perform like $190 speakers

I have heard all the overpriced jl speakers and i didn't personally like any of them. Jl makes nice subs and nice amps , but again you really gotta want that name,lol. I say go for the morels they are cheap, but they are very good quality wise. I honestly don't know how they sell something so great for so cheap. I got my front componets for $85 on amazon and they usually run about $130 from what i have seen, but in reviews they are comparable to the hertz hsk's wich are $300-$400 . In fact the morel tweeters rated higher than the hertz. Previous to buying these i had never heard morel at all, but i'm hooked for life.

They are well worth it. I have them powered by 2 channels of a 75X4 Planet audio amp and they get loud and sound good. I picked up a 2nd set for the system in the wifes accord and I just ordered a set of 5.25's to install in my rear doors( no speakers installed there stock).

If you don't like them you can sell them for what you paid, but I bet you will like them.

That alpine power pack may or may not be enough power for them. I had them on a 20 wpc headunit and they sounded fine but they really shine with an amp and I figure that alpine deal is an inbetween.

They are well worth it. I have them powered by 2 channels of a 75X4 Planet audio amp and they get loud and sound good. I picked up a 2nd set for the system in the wifes accord and I just ordered a set of 5.25's to install in my rear doors( no speakers installed there stock).
If you don't like them you can sell them for what you paid, but I bet you will like them.

That alpine power pack may or may not be enough power for them. I had them on a 20 wpc headunit and they sounded fine but they really shine with an amp and I figure that alpine deal is an inbetween.
You run morels? I work in carmel, would love to hear yours compared to mine. I am feeding mine 125rms and love them.

He's running off his headunit....

buy an amp bro

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

He's running off his headunit....

buy an amp bro

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.