thinking about getting turntables...ideas?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Weeznur32
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Seattle
So im thinking about getting some turn tables (maybe 1) and a mixer.

Not sure if i want to go with traditional vinyl tables or some electronic ones.

I have never mixed/scratched before but am interested in starting and i pick **** up quick.

Anyone got suggestions on what to buy for a beginner? Not looking to spend more than 500 if possible.

Well, what I spin (Technics 1200's) will run you about $250 used on eBay a piece. And my mixer (Denon x500) was $300 new I believe. It's a pretty standard set-up, but you COULD go cheap.

Just be sure to get a direct drive turntable as opposed to a belt-driven, ESPECIALLY for scratching.

Don't cheap out on stuff, though. Cheap stuff now means the more expensive stuff sooner.

Also, if wit traditional tables, you can use time-coded records and hook them up to your laptop or whatever and do MP3's too. Also, vinyl just feels more...right. ESPECIALLY for scratching. They wear out, yeah, but it'll sound better.

Well, what I spin (Technics 1200's) will run you about $250 used on eBay a piece. And my mixer (Denon x500) was $300 new I believe. It's a pretty standard set-up, but you COULD go cheap.
Just be sure to get a direct drive turntable as opposed to a belt-driven, ESPECIALLY for scratching.

Don't cheap out on stuff, though. Cheap stuff now means the more expensive stuff sooner.

Also, if wit traditional tables, you can use time-coded records and hook them up to your laptop or whatever and do MP3's too. Also, vinyl just feels more...right. ESPECIALLY for scratching. They wear out, yeah, but it'll sound better.

YA so i will probably go with traditional tables.

I was going to get 2 tables and a mixer (cheep ones) but i think ill start out by buying a nicer table and mixer and then just getting a second table in the future.

I will check out the technics 1200. Also thinking about numark ttx or maybe newmark tt500?

Any other suggestions? What mixer?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.