These G-**** Spring Loaded Push Terminals...

CRSO
10+ year member

Jersey Trash Collecktah
I have an 18" AA Havoc D2 with spring loaded push terminals.

I have 8AWG Knu Karma pushed through the enclosure for a direct connection. I thought abou bolts but I'd rather put the wore straight to the sub.

So I can't get the two wires to fit in the push terminals. I can barely get one... Someone recommended soldering the two together and grinding it down. Well, I tried that without optimal results...

Any ideas? The binding posts from parts express won't fit the Knu 8AWG wire. Maybe bolts on the inside of the box somewhere? I'd really like to keep the one wire straight to the sub...

I thought of that but... Is all they need to do is "fit"? I just want the best flow possible... I use 1 AWG - 4 AWG reducers for power.
I've noticed 0 difference, as others may say there might be tenths of a db difference but audibly no difference afaik.

I actually have these... They don't fit unless you grind em down. If I did that, the fat part of the reducers would touch. I guess I could use electrical tape to separate them but that's ghetto.
I'll just shave em down.
Heat shrink is cheap

what i do is split each wire in two legs at the end, and twist together, so you end up with 2- 8awg legs sticking out. i usually solder it like that when i can, with one leg just tucked back, and taped with the 2 runs, and other leg in the terminal

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.