These 3 going to work together?

cunningStunts
10+ year member

VA
I own a 2000 Jimmy and am changing out the old stereo system with new.

New items are:

Will these two sets of speakers work with this headunit? May be dumb asking, but I'm making sure before I buy them all, because I have no idea!

Thanks everyone!

Is there a relatively cheap amp out there that would suit my situation? I honestly don't know much at all about audio systems.

Also, in adding an amp, are there other power issues I will run into due to it pumping out all that extra power?

Thanks again for the responses, hope I can get this question answered too!

Yea any 4 channel will work you should be able to find something decent at 200$ try to match the RMS power of the speaker with that of the amp. Check the classifieds here, might be able to snag something high end for cheap.

This system isnt going to be used to impress, its just to sound nice in my work truck, heh. Would I be better off finding some 6.5" Infinity's to match the Kappas then find the amp? I haven't bought anything yet, doing my research first, so anything is up in the air.

btw- thanks for all your help skittles!

NP //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif Someone said something above about same brand speakers being voice matched, haven't heard this before but it's possible. The difference in speaker will really only be seen if you plan to amp them if you do match the power ratings.

So would I be better off matching the 6.5"s with the Kappas? As I said, I'm not set on these speakers, they had good reviews and a good price tag. What on the speakers do I need to match up with the headunit for everything to work??

To be honest I think they will sound about the same if you don't amp them. You really dont have to match anything on the speaker to the head unit except the impedance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.