the727kid = Bad transaction!

Why would I send them back without a refund FIRST, so I can lose more money when he doesn't refund me, yeah, no thanks. And trust me, I have more positive feedback than him on other sites.

imo i don't think its about the money as you are trying to make it seem its more of the principal of the thing, you saying you didn't inspect them before shipping is just negligent on your part. i know who douglee is and he has been around the forums for a while now. doubt he would try to scam you on $25 mids

Why would I cut the surround on some $25 mids and have to deal with a refund and shipping them back. If you seriously think I am trying to scam him you aren't thinking straight.

was a couple years ago but it appears he has pulled the same thing on other people before too....

sold a phone and didnt mention it wasnt unlocked.... BECAUSE NO ONE ASKED....

I wont personally deal with either of them.

item was in great shape however not unlocked when desc. said it was russell_wong007 ( 83) May-27-07 19:09

Reply by douglas.leejr (May-28-07 18:36):

Nowhere in description did it say the phone was unlocked. Look for yourself.

-- (#320110628960)

Why would I cut the surround on some $25 mids and have to deal with a refund and shipping them back. If you seriously think I am trying to scam him you aren't thinking straight.
specially since you will be losing out money on shipping lol

I'd be pissed if the buyer did mess up the mids but he gave away that option to say fvck off when he admitted he did not examine them before he shipped.
But for 25 bucks with the rep 727 prides himself with, it would be best to try and make this go away. The fact that he said he did not examine them before shipping and that other **** about the buyer not asking enough questions about the condition leads me to believe he knew these mids were bogus.
x2, gotta check out the equipment you're selling! Should've stated that you didn't know the condition of the mids or something. Seems fishy.

BUT, for the buyer, he could actually have had a pair of these that were cut, then bought yours, not making it seem like the ones he got from you were cut....so basically he gets a working pair of mids and "trades in" his flawed pair.

I've seen that scam a few times around here. Gotta write down serial numbers these days!

V.

Not trying to be a dick, but what ever happened to "buyer beware"? Asking questions about the condition of an item you plan on buying is a generally accepted principle of forum shopping. The buyer could have saved himself a lot of trouble if he just asked about the condition of the mids or for some better pics of them prior to purchase. A buyer can typically smell a scam a mile away when they ask the right questions.

That being said, the seller could have looked them over and accurately described what he was selling. If nothing else he could have covered his ass by putting "condition unknown, sold as-is, no returns".

Overall this is a cluster****. If both parties exercised a little more common sense this whole situation could have been avoided.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

douglas.leejr

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
douglas.leejr
MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies