The Road Life?!

That's not exactly incredible pay...I work in the agricultrual industry...I travel a lot, I have a free truck, I have free gas, I have free hotel stays, I have free meals. It sounds fun at first but after a while, staying in hotels all the time is a real *****.

Edit- where at in Ohio are you??

What hotel/motel they putting you up in? See if you could be put up in a drury inn they serve hot breakfast and free drinks and Wi-Fi, or wherever they put you up see about the room put in your name and sign up for rewards points. When you get done you might have earned a free week or so worth of time to use towards a vacation.
Great point ! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That's not exactly incredible pay...I work in the agricultrual industry...I travel a lot, I have a free truck, I have free gas, I have free hotel stays, I have free meals. It sounds fun at first but after a while, staying in hotels all the time is a real *****.
Edit- where at in Ohio are you??
I'm only 17 that's just starting pay I move up to $22 in less than a year.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

So what are you going to do after the 2.5 months are over? 12hr days 7 days a week will get old quick.
Boss needs me in NC for 6 months from then on I'm under his wing he promised job security

Not to rain on your parade, but what happens when the bird flu has run it's course?
Of course if you are actually butchering them there's a big demand (at least up here in Maine) for small scale poultry processing. Licensed and inspected slaughter houses that process poultry charge as much as 1$ a pound to process birds for local farmers.

I'm raising some meat birds now and I'll probably be doing it myself since the cost of taking them to a butcher really kills the savings in raising your own
Then home for a week them to NC for 6 months from then on consistent work.

Mensa and that paragraph don't go together. No way a mensa member would contribute such a poorly put together paragraph. Sorry, bro. That wage is a decent starting opportunity. People also get educated for the sake of education, which is reason enough. Make sure you make personal growth a point, which includes education, though not necessarily in an institution. Don't laugh at people that went to college just because you're debt free. The most important laugh is the last one.
Not looking to argue, but yes I did. Secondly I'm on a mobile phone pecking away at the keyboard making mistakes. Also posting to a forum didn't see any sense in being grammatically correct on everything, when I wrote it all up in about 5 minutes and posted as soon as I found out so I was all excited. Have a good day man !

Good luck Jake, I hope you put some of it in a 403b. I'll keep my masters degree, health insurance, pension, and salary/benefits over 140k.

College man, I at least came to age and appreciated it now. I went in 2011 at 19 years old and failed out because I wasnt interested in it. College is only a green card saying that you can learn. Nothing more. I am now 23 and going to college online after work. You can do everything that a college graduate can do I have no questions about that, but the college grad will always get the first look. Im a welder right now, but someday I want to be a business man or marketer. Best path to that is college.

Where at in NC?? Im at fort bragg, come help with my rebuild >.

Good luck Jake, I hope you put some of it in a 403b. I'll keep my masters degree, health insurance, pension, and salary/benefits over 140k.
Lol chill out I'm 17 no need to get butt hurt or offended.

College man, I at least came to age and appreciated it now. I went in 2011 at 19 years old and failed out because I wasnt interested in it. College is only a green card saying that you can learn. Nothing more. I am now 23 and going to college online after work. You can do everything that a college graduate can do I have no questions about that, but the college grad will always get the first look. Im a welder right now, but someday I want to be a business man or marketer. Best path to that is college.

Where at in NC?? Im at fort bragg, come help with my rebuild >.

I'll be at Fort Bragg in about a year, funny I applied for local 50 union hall for a pipefitter got accepted and tested just waiting on a interview letter. Don't have time to wait for them so for now I will pursue this ! We should meet up tho!

Not trying to rain on your parade but your dream job is to slaughter chickens? Go ahead and piss all over those who went to college but I'm only 26, own a house, and make $33 an hour. Those high paying unskilled jobs are disappearing or getting shipped overseas. A college degree is very valuable if you choose the right field. Getting a political science or psychology degree probably won't net you much but anything medical or engineering related is a relative gold mine right now. I walked out of school and into a 63k/yr job.

If you truly do have a genius IQ you're doing yourself a disservice by not pursuing higher education. (Although I do have my doubts on how you "excelled" with a 1.7 grade point average)

Also it was said a degree is just a green card showing you can learn....I do agree with this to an extent. Very little of what I learned in school applies to my current position however I would not have been able to actually get this position without the degree. It's a means to an end.

Not trying to rain on your parade but your dream job is to slaughter chickens? Go ahead and piss all over those who went to college but I'm only 26, own a house, and make $33 an hour. Those high paying unskilled jobs are disappearing or getting shipped overseas. A college degree is very valuable if you choose the right field. Getting a political science or psychology degree probably won't net you much but anything medical or engineering related is a relative gold mine right now. I walked out of school and into a 63k/yr job.
If you truly do have a genius IQ you're doing yourself a disservice by not pursuing higher education. (Although I do have my doubts on how you "excelled" with a 1.7 grade point average)

Also it was said a degree is just a green card showing you can learn....I do agree with this to an extent. Very little of what I learned in school applies to my current position however I would not have been able to actually get this position without the degree. It's a means to an end.
I'm not gonna be slaughtering chickens lol..... I'm gonna be a "taxi" running people to and from airport and getting parts from fastenal. I love how people assume and how quick they are to be negative. Wish you all the best success truly.

But, how are you gonna keep providing zips and slaughter chickens? Get your priorities in order man.
lol j/k. congrats.
Taking laptop //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I gotchu guys!

Also, you're 26 making $33 an hour not to rain on your parade once I get into the local union hall. Journeyman wage is 40+ in my area and I'll be about 23 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but not to rain on your parade.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.