how to get loud in a ext cab

Fi4life

I have a 98 dodge 1500 extended cab. 28 cubes to play with. Choice of audio brand is fi. Any ideas what I can do to get loud with this space? I don't compete. Just daily demo musical. I have 2 18" sp4's 4th order wall with reinforced roof as a build. Any help is appreciated.

I have an 02 Dodge Ram quad cab..my box is 12 cubes after displacements tuned to 35hz. I've always had good luck with this truck getting loud regardless of what I put in it. Just build it big with lots of port area and throw a ton of wattage at it:)

I'm running ~4k watts on my current setup with 211 in^2 of port area and it gets loud enough for daily ground pounding..

Subs are 18" IA Death Penalties..

All I can say....It Takes Power To Make Power..and dont rush.or take any short cuts..Seal as much off as you can(all rear windows)/deaden as much as you can

I have an 02 Dodge Ram quad cab..my box is 12 cubes after displacements tuned to 35hz. I've always had good luck with this truck getting loud regardless of what I put in it. Just build it big with lots of port area and throw a ton of wattage at it:)I'm running ~4k watts on my current setup with 211 in^2 of port area and it gets loud enough for daily ground pounding..

Subs are 18" IA Death Penalties..
How you liking that SS 4.6?

I have a 98 dodge 1500 extended cab. 28 cubes to play with. Choice of audio brand is fi. Any ideas what I can do to get loud with this space? I don't compete. Just daily demo musical. I have 2 18" sp4's 4th order wall with reinforced roof as a build. Any help is appreciated.

Bro ur all over the place. First u made a thread 3 15s or 2 18s? Then u made a thread about 8 12s in a 4th. Now ur making a thread for 2 18s.. And didn't u say u have a box builder that builds 160db builds? Let him build it.

I have a 98 dodge ram 1500 ext cab dodge with 28-29 to work with. Was wondering would 8 CT sound strato 12's in a 4th order (4 on top angling down and 4 on bottom angling up) be louder daily wise vs 2 18" sp4's in a 4th order. My mind is set to 4th order no matter what. My box builder who is known for 160db+ builds can get either done. I'm aiming for loudest daily musical. Amps will he 2 CT sound 4k's. Battery's and amps in a tool box. Stratos rated at 900rms each. Sp4's 3000 rms each. [/i]

You need to see Heath McCurdy's truck his is a MECA judge from Alabama , 3 x18" Fi Team's in a flat wall in a Silverado on around 10k does 155's legal @ the headrest, I think he peaks in the mid 30's and does 135 Park and pound 30 sec avg 6ft outside the vehicle , would be what I would recommend over a 4th with 2 x 18's for music in the space you have to work with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.