The right amp for my sub, 2 p3d4-12

Participant count
  • Participant list

Simon Landry

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
Hi, I’m about to buy an amp for my subs but i don’t know if the one I’m looking for will be a good match.
My system : Kenwood excelon kmm-503 (5v rca output), amp - KAC 9106D on 4 gauge and a single p3d4-12 rockford fosgate wired at 2 ohm. Honda Fit 2008 with a 90 amp alternator.
i want to buy a second p3d4-12 and wired them at 1 ohm. So, I was interested by the rockford fosgate prime 1200.1D to replace my KAC 9106D. I’m on the stock electrical system, but I’m planning to do the big 3 on 1/0 gauge and wired the amp on 1/0 too, (even if it needs 4 gauge)
I’m wondering if i will have enough CLEAN power to max my p3. they can take 1200 rms and the prime will produce just enough power so there’s might be clipping since ill max its output. And do i need a HighOutput alternator to not starve the amp? Is this a good amp for my need. Do you have suggestion that can do a better job for my need? Thanks!
PS : I don’t want to put too much money if not needed to upgrade electrical system.

Hi, I’m about to buy an amp for my subs but i don’t know if the one I’m looking for will be a good match.
My system : Kenwood excelon kmm-503 (5v rca output), amp - KAC 9106D on 4 gauge and a single p3d4-12 rockford fosgate wired at 2 ohm. Honda Fit 2008 with a 90 amp alternator.
i want to buy a second p3d4-12 and wired them at 1 ohm. So, I was interested by the rockford fosgate prime 1200.1D to replace my KAC 9106D. I’m on the stock electrical system, but I’m planning to do the big 3 on 1/0 gauge and wired the amp on 1/0 too, (even if it needs 4 gauge)
I’m wondering if i will have enough CLEAN power to max my p3. they can take 1200 rms and the prime will produce just enough power so there’s might be clipping since ill max its output. And do i need a HighOutput alternator to not starve the amp? Is this a good amp for my need. Do you have suggestion that can do a better job for my need? Thanks!
PS : I don’t want to put too much money if not needed to upgrade electrical system.

This should work on your stock electrical.
Screenshot_20200411-140920_Samsung Internet.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.