Is my amp going out?

Participant count
  • Participant list

WobbleWompum

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I just blew a 10" sub and replaced it today, and while dropping it in I figured I would retune my amp which is a rockford fosgate p1000x5. I used the CD and it didn't clip with the sub input setting maxed out (how it was before this dilemma). But then when I played a song it started clipping like crazy and the subs sounded off. It would hit like they used to except when the bass would kick it was really wobbly and distorted, and obviously was clipping a lot. Turning down the sub input, I got it to not clip but it barely hits and does not sound anything like it used to. My best guess is that the amp is going out but I'm unsure and I don't want to buy another amp if there is another potential solution. I also don't want to keep messing with it and potentially blow any of my other speakers currently. Any help would be great! Thanks guys.

if adjusting the gain on your amp didn't solve your problem, I would look at the sub. If the sub is still okay, I would be looking for a new amp. Just a suggestion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

WobbleWompum

CarAudio.com Newbie
WobbleWompum
Colorado Springs, CO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from