The Popo Got Me!

LHSroller
10+ year member

Welch
Hey, I was picked up for a noise violation. What does that entail where you live. I personally live in a small town in Minnesota. It was at 2:30 in the afternoon, and he said it was too loud! How loud could I get with 3 10" Visoniks and a Legacy 1600 watt amp (prolly around 400!) I dont know, but now I gotta pay the **** ticket and have no cash for my date this weekend...**** cops!

It doesn't matter what time they got you, a noise violation is a noise violation. If you can hear your 3-10's 50 ft away from your car, then that's a noise violation in most cities. You don't need a sub to get a noise violation, I've heard people with factory equipment get warnings.

Originally posted by LHSroller Hey, I was picked up for a noise violation. What does that entail where you live. I personally live in a small town in Minnesota. It was at 2:30 in the afternoon, and he said it was too loud! How loud could I get with 3 10" Visoniks and a Legacy 1600 watt amp (prolly around 400!) I dont know, but now I gotta pay the **** ticket and have no cash for my date this weekend...**** cops!
**** cops? I think you need to think about how you are disrupting the community. I live in a small Minnesota town, and I completely agree with the cop pulling you over and citing you if that is city policy...

This doesn't make sense to me.

I play drums. Drums make a lot of noise. I can play my drumset as much as I please (as long as it's not after 10 at night) and the neighbors can't say a darned thing.

BUT,

What's the rationality of giving a noise ticket for a car stereo during non "disturbing the peace" hours?

I sympathize with you, LHSroller

Man, I guess what you say makes a lot of sense. I know I shouldnt have been playing it that loud, but I still gonna check on the ordinance laws //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif What little minnesota town you from jlaine...I'm from Red Wing. Sorry about venting but I still got no money for this weekend! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I don't feel sorry for anybody who gets a noise violation ticket. How many times have we had posts asking people to keep their systems down. There is a time to play loud and a time not to play loud. Playing loud next to the "popo" will get you a ticket, playing loud in residential/business areas will get you a ticket. Most of the people I have seen pulled over, had their window rolled down. Think about it, what does it say about you when you have your window rolled down with the music blaring? To me it says that you want other people to hear your music. They don't want to hear it, and that is why it is disturbing the peace. Now take that same person, playing the music somewhat loud, but with the windows rolled up, you really can't hear it too far outside the car, the cop doesn't exactly know where it's coming from, because he doesn't see a kid with the window rolled down, and the cop also knows that maybe you like your music a little loud, but you are respecting those around you by keeping your windows up.

Originally posted by LHSroller Man, I guess what you say makes a lot of sense. I know I shouldnt have been playing it that loud, but I still gonna check on the ordinance laws //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif What little minnesota town you from jlaine...I'm from Red Wing. Sorry about venting but I still got no money for this weekend! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
You are quite a bit away from me, I right now live in Morris, MN... I was born in virginia, MN, lived in shakopee for about 5 years, then moved to coleraine (about 7 miles from grand rapids), I finished high school in Ely, Mn, then ended up down here...

I feel everyone on this topic. I like my music loud but I don't like to infringe on others. If i see that folks are rolling windows up, are older, or are near a church or something I show a little more respect however, even when i have my windows up my bass can be heard. That isn't very safe either cuz i can't always hear ambulances etc. You just have to use better judgement at all times when u want to bang! It could actually mean getting a ticket or getting into an accident. It took me almost 15 yrs to learn this! I guess i'm finally getting old!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

I dont know how many times the cops have been over to our shop on neighboors complaining have never got in too much trouble just court costs win every time seeing how we say its how we make our living.

i liek to paly loud, but i guess thats the teenage hormones showing through...

however, if its at night, in a residential area or at a red light or something, i will turn it down, jsut out of common courtesy....

i know my neighbour who comes home at like 12:30 every day (at night) always ahs his truck's stereo turned up...

i do have a nice little nsipers post from my bedroom window lookin diurectly at his driveway....

hmmmm.. i wonder if i can get each sub with one shot each... neone tried this b4? :p lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LHSroller

10+ year member
LHSroller
Welch
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from